Anniversary

Hiccup and Astrid were sitting on the beach. The moon was shining high in the sky, making Astrid's eyes sparkle.
   It was their 3 year anniversary since Hiccup had given Astrid the betrothal necklace.
   Hiccup took Astrid's hand and raised it to his lips and kissed it gently. He felt so happy and content.
   Astrid on the other hand, needed to get something off of her chest. It was time.
   "Hiccup why do you love me?" She blurted out.
   For some reason, Hiccup did not seem surprised by this question. He took a deep breath before answering.
   "Milady, there are too many reasons to count. I can't even begin to explain."
   "Just try Hiccup. Please?"
   Hiccup patted Astrid's thigh. "If you insist." He got up and kneeled down in front of her.
   "When I see your smile, tears run down my face. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Your laugh, your gorgeous eyes, your adorable nose.. Your perfect. But most importantly your personality Astrid. The way you don't let anybody push you around. You don't show when there's something wrong. Your tough. You don't panic in crazy situations. You are YOU. That... is why I love you. And I vow this to Oden himself.."
   Astrid was already surprised at what Hiccup had said, but then Hiccup said the most powerful and beautiful thing she had ever heard.
   "I will never let you fall. I'll stand up with you forever. I'll be there for you through anything and everything. Even if saving you sends me to Valhalla. Astrid you are my true love. My whole heart. A part of me."
    Astrid jumped at Hiccup and knocked him over, landing on top of him. She kissed him. Kissed him with more love than she ever had before. And Hiccup kissed back with just as much.
   They were almost panting when they finally broke apart. Astrid helped Hiccup stand up and they brushed the sand off their clothes. Astrid ruffled his hair and sand flew everywhere.
   Astrid took Hiccup's hands and clenched them tightly.
   "Hiccup I don't even know what to say. That was the most amazing thing I've ever heard." Tears started to fall down her cheeks.
   Hiccup yanked her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. Then he got down on one knee and held out a ring he had made himself. With "My one and only " engraved into it and a heart on each side.
   "Say yes."