Dragon Hunters Part 5

Hiccup and Astrid are sitting at their kitchen table that Hiccup had created. Normally they would have waken Analia up by now, but they let her sleep from the long day she'd had yesterday.
"Oh thank Thor she can swim so well." Hiccup stated as he sipped his drink.
"And did you hear her?" Astrid replied. She imitatedI'm her daughter's voice. "Hey! You meanie! I'm not supposed to swim without my mommy or daddy watching me!"
   Hiccup laughed. "Yes I heard her. She's so well behaved. Most of the time.."
   Hiccup's face fell. Astrid kissed his cheek. "What's wrong?"
   "It's just, we both know he'll be back someday. And we won't always be right there to protect her. She's going to explore and wander off. Just like we did."
   Astrid sighed. "I know Hiccup. But there's nothing we can do about it."
   Hiccup grinned.
   "Oh no. What are you thinking?" Astrid said as soon as she saw that grin. She knew it meant he was planning something.
   Hiccup pointed at Toothless and Stormfly who were at their feet, eating fish and warbling at each other.
   Astrid's eyes widened. He couldn't be serious. "No."
   "She'll be more protected Astrid."
   "No."
   Hiccup folded his hands together on the table. "Pleeeaaassee."
   Astrid chuckled. "Fine. But where are we going to get one? Snoggletog is a bit of a ways away."
   Hiccup smiled. "Beserker Island dragons just had all of their babies. It's their annual dragon adoption day."
   "You had this planned for awhile didn't you?" Astrid asked.
   "Maaaayybbbbeee." Hiccup and Astrid started laughing.
   Hiccup didn't notice his daughter climb onto his lap until he felt her poke him.
   "Well hello there sleepy head! Did you sleep well?" Hiccup embraced Analia.
   "Good morning daddy! I had lots of dreams!"
   Astrid walked over and bent down to kiss Analia's head. Then took Hiccup's empty breakfast plate over to the counter.
   "They weren't bad dreams were they?" She asked as she began washing the dishes in a bucket full of bubbly water.
   "No they were good dreams mommy!" She giggled.
   Hiccup peeled back the bandage that was over the welt on Analia's cheek. "How's your cheek baby?"
   Analia flinched. "It only hurts when you touch it."
   "It looks like it's healing alright. Just don't take the bandage off ok?"
Hiccup said as he placed the bandage back.
   "Ok daddy. Can I go play with Toothless and Stormfly?"
   "Nope. I have something better for us to do." Astrid said as she walked back over and lifted Analia off of Hiccup's lap and hugged her tight.
   "How about we go see Uncle Daggur?"
   "Yay!!" Analia exclaimed.
   Astrid chuckled. "Well let's get going."
   So the family got on their dragons, Analia riding with Hiccup and Toothless, and set off for Berserker Island.