If Only

Aloha Friends! I have a terrible case of writers block!😭 I keep only having sad scenarios in my head. Idk why. I'm sorry but for now I guess that's what these one shots will be until I get it out of my system. I'm open to any suggestions!
Set after HTTYD 2. Hiccup and Astrid are married but no Analia yet.
Astrid and Hiccup were washing the dishes from breakfast when Gobber walked in.
"Oh hey Gobber," Hiccup greeted him, "what brings you here so early?"
Gobber hesitated. "Well, I have some news for ya."
"Well go on." Astrid said as she and Hiccup dried their hands off.
"Well, you see las, the ship your parents were on for the fishing trip..."
"What about it?" Astrid demanded seeing the mournful look on Gobber's face.
"The ship was sank by the storm last night. There were no survivors."
"W-what?" Astrid asked in a small voice.
"You're parents died last night Astrid. I'm so sorry."
Hiccup caught Astrid around her middle from behind as she started to fall.
"No!" She screamed. She screamed and cried so loud it sounded as though her throat were going to rip.
Gobber walked out to give them privacy.
Astrid hung in Hiccup's arms, screaming at the top of her lungs for several minutes before she and Hiccup sank to the floor.
Hiccup held her tight as she sobbed until she had no tears left. She then went to breathing heavily and unevenly and whimpering. Hiccup rocked her and kissed the top of her head.
Astrid eventually fell asleep in Hiccup's arms. He picked her up and carried her up the stairs, and gently layed her down on their bed.
He crawled into the bed next to her and wrapped his arms around her. He knew how she felt. And he knew there was nothing he could do to take the pain away. But only if he could. If only.
   If he could take her pain away he would. Even if it meant feeling the pain himself. Hiccup wanted to be as comforting as he possibly could.
   A single tear cascaded down Hiccup's freckled cheek before sleep over took him.
   "Two hours later*
   Astrid woke up and felt Hiccup's arms around her. She curled herself up into a ball and Hiccup's arms became trapped in between her stomach and legs.
   Astrid began to cry again. She just couldn't believe it. She didn't even get to say goodbye.
   Hiccup immediately woke up. Not because his arms were trapped. Astrid was a wiggle worm while sleeping so he was used to being clung to. At the sound of Astrid crying.
   "Hiccup," she said, hot tears pouring down her face, "they're gone."
   "Oh Astrid." Hiccup sighed. He worked his arms free of her tight grasp and pulled her into him. He rubbed her back in gentle, soothing circles as she sobbed.
   "Shhh. I've got you. It's gonna be alright. You're parents are in Valhalla. They are in paradise."
   Astrid sniffled and looked up at him. "You really think so?"
   Hiccup smiled and kissed her cheek. "I know so. Now you get some sleep. I'll take care of all the chores. I love you."
   And hopped out of the bed.
   "No. My parents wouldn't want me to sulk. I'll help." Astrid said more to herself than Hiccup.
    Hiccup smiled and held out his hand. Astrid took it and Hiccup pulled her out of the bed and straight into a kiss.
   "Ready?" He asked when they broke apart.
   Astrid smiled and wiped away her tears. "Ready."