Waiting

Hewo peoples!!!! Sooooo sorry I didn't update yesterday😱 I was in Amarillo and I didn't have time!!! But here we go with this update!
   Astrid was sitting in a padded wooden chair cradling a baby girl. She was waiting for Hiccup to get home.
    But the baby suddenly started to cry. Astrid gently patted her back and started to sway her back and forth.
   "Shh. Daddy will be home soon  Analia. It's 9:30."
   Analia started to settle down. Astrid didn't know how much longer she could stay up. She was exhausted.
   10:00. Still no Hiccup. Astrid could barely keep her eyes open. She walked upstairs and put Analia down to sleep in her wooden cradle Hiccup had made for her.  Then she went back downstairs to wait for Hiccup.
   10:30. Astrid had called fast asleep in her chair.
   11:00. Hiccup opened the door to his hut feeling horrible. Astrid didn't have a single break with Analia today. He had been in a chiefs meeting all day.
   When he walked in he saw his beautiful wife asleep in a chair.
   "Oh gods," he said to himself, "she was waiting up for me."
   Then he realized that Analia wasn't there. He darted up the stairs as fast as he could. To his relief, his baby girl was there, sound asleep. He bent down and kissed her soft little head, then went back downstairs.
   He walked over to Astrid. He dearly wanted to carry her to bed but he was too tired. He might drop her and he didn't want to do that.
   He kneeled down so he was just barely above her eye level. He gently shook her shoulder.
   Astrid jerked awake looking panicked.
   "Hey you're alright. You're ok. It's just me Astrid." He rubbed her arm a bit to reassure her. She usually wasn't startled this easily.
   Astrid immediately relaxed at his touch. "Oh."
   Hiccup was a little worried about her. He assumes she was just exhausted and he felt a twinge if gilt. "Milady we need to get you to bed."
   He took her ands and helped her up. She was shaky. He steered her up the stairs into their room. She was asleep before she hit her pillow.
   Hiccup crawled into bed and pulled her into him. Just as he was about to fall asleep Analia started crying again.
   Astrid bolted up. "What is that ?!" She yelled, resulting in Analia to cry louder.
   Now Hiccup knew she was exhausted.
   "Astrid it's Analia. I'll get her."
   Astrid grabbed his hand. "No you were at that meeting all day I'll get her."
   No way. He was not letting her lose anymore sleep. "Astrid you're exhausted.", he pushed her back down into her pillow. "Sleeeeep."
   She proceeded to fall asleep mid sentence.
   Hiccup walked over to Analia's crib and noticed one of the side bars were loose. He made a mental note to fix it first thing in the morning.
   He reached down and scooped up the baby girl into his arms. He checked her diaper and it was fine. She didn't need fed. Which means she probably had a nightmare.
    "Analia," he whispered. "You gotta quiet down so mommy can sleep. She's very tired."
   She started to settle down. "That's my baby girl. I love you so much Analia. I'll never let anyone hurt you."
   He walked around the house with her in his arms for awhile, humming to her. She giggled as Toothless gave her a gentle lick and Stormfly nuzzled against her for a moment.
   "Alright guys sleep well." He waved goodbye at the dragons with his free hand.
   Once he got upstairs he climbed into bed and laid Analia on his chest. She curled up her tiny fists and fell asleep.
   "What was wrong?" Astrid asked groggily.
   Hiccup held out his arm and Astrid snuggled into him and let Analia curl her hand around her finger.
   "She just needed her daddy." Hiccup replied. But Astrid had already fell back asleep.
     "Sleep well girls." He whispered.