Lay One Shot (for CindyTan0820)

You rested your chin on the table as you rubbed your growling stomach.

Yixing lifted up his head from the book that he was reading a few seconds ago and raised his eyebrow at you. "What was that noise?"

You smiled sheepishly at him as a suspicious patch of red crept onto the both sides of your cheeks. You were over at your bestfriend, Yixing's house, to study together for the upcoming test. However, instead of spending your time studying, you could not concentrate on your work because of the constant growling of your stomach.

An afternoon had past by and there were not a single progress in your revision. On the other hand, Yixing's supply of snacks had been decreasing by the minute. You had almost finished all his snacks during the few hours you had spent in his house.

Yixing shook his head at you, "Tsk, tsk. Don't tell me you are hungry again."

"Haha. How did you know?" you fiddled with your fingers, trying to hide your embarrassment. It was totally not your fault that your stomach was growling so loudly.

"You are hungry again?" Yixing widened his eyes and stared at you in disbelief. "You just had two cupcakes, one energy bar with a cup of hot chocolate just a few minutes ago!"

Your stomach gave off another loud and unpleasant growl, reminding you that it was feeding time.

"(your name)," Yixing called out your name in a deadly dangerous tone as he put down the book that he was holding in his hands and pushed up his glasses, "My supply of snacks are limited."

Yixing advanced towards you with his eyebrows furrowed together. He locked his eyes with yours, "There are no more snacks in the house."

"Don't lie to me Yixing," You narrowed your eyes at him, "I know where you always hide your snacks. Do you mind if I do a thorough search?" you smiled mischieviously as you got up from your chair and headed towards his bedroom.

Yixing grabbed your wrist, "That is invasion of my privacy! You can't go inside!"

"Come one, it is not as if I had never been inside your room. I had been there more times than I can count." You tried to break yourself free from his grip and make your way to his bedroom. Just as you were about to turn the door knob of his bedroom door, Yixing sighed and gave in, "Let's go out and grab a bite instead."

"Nah, I prefer staying here."

"Ugh, (your name), those snacks in my bedroom are not for you!" Yixing was getting frustrated as he dragged you towards the front door of his house, "Let's go to the nearest fried chicken shop."

"Your treat?" your eyes twinkled as you heard 'fried chicken'.

"Yes, yes, yes. My treat." Yixing said through gritted teeth. He patted his pocket where his wallet was and he knew that his wallet was going to bleed as soon as he promised you a treat at the fried chicken shop.

You smiled blissfully as the two of you reached the fried chicken shop. You settled yourself down on a seat near the windows while Yixing went to order the fried chicken.

As soon as Yixing arrived at the table with the chicken, the aroma of the chicken wafted through the air and filled your nostrils. You smiled and began to eat heartily. You wolfed down the chicken and licked your lips in satisfaction.

Yixing stared at you while you ate ferociously, "(your name)-ah, you are a girl right?"

You nodded your head, not able to answer him as your mouth was filled with the fried chicken. You nearly choked on the food as you tried to answer him between mouthfuls.