30: A Side of Happiness (END)

Hey guys! This the LAST CHAPTER!

I had no idea how to end it so it may not be as great as it should, but hopefully the journey to this chapter was a lot.more thrilling!

Before we get into the last chapter, I just want to thank everyone for actually reading this, and to those that voted and commented, a huge thanks!

Enjoy the last chapter!

It feels like years since the Apple incident. In truth it has only been a singular year since all that destruction went down. A year since Levi came up with the brilliant idea of throwing the Apple of Ymir back down into its chamber and blowing it up to have it buried forever. It seemed like a stupid idea but with the tonnes of rubble burying the Apple deep within the earth, along with the key, Eren realised that it would take at least a milennium before someone digs it up again. He's learnt to trust Levi with all his heart after the big adventure they went on together. What reminds him the most about the journey they had is the mark his father left on him. The burnt scar still lies on his wrist of his father's hand when he tried desperately to grasp onto power. It will forever remain there on his skin, reminding him of the events that took place.

It's comforting to him. It feels like the only remaining piece he has of his family. But things are different now. Instead of mourning over such losses of a family, he's creating new memories with the family of two he has with Levi.

"Hey, Eren. Help me out would you?" Levi's voice calls from outside the window. Eren groans.

"But I'm relaxing! You said I could have the day off!"

"I said after we finished with the jobs! Get out here!"

"You're such a grumpy old man."

"And you're a shitty little brat. Now I suggest you get out here before I start saying no to sex."

Eren gasps. Of all the things to do, how could Levi take such a thing away from Eren? One thing that has changed over the year is Eren's sex drive. Something about Levi always stirs him up. It's impossible for Eren to resist the older man now. He's got this charm about him that always gets Eren in a trance. If he didn't know any better, he'd probably assume Levi kept the Apple of Ymir for himself to get Eren hooked on him.

"Fine. You win. I'm coming," the now Nineteen and a half year old sighs before getting off of his chair and climbing out the window. He spots Levi lifting up some wood and carrying a hammer in his mouth, an addition that must have only just been made since there's no way Levi would be able to speak so clearly with it blocking his voice.

"What do you want me to do?" Eren asks as he kindly removes the hammer from his boyfriend's mouth.

"First of all, how about a kiss? I've barely seen you all day." Levi huffs as a grumpy frown becomes evident on his lips. Eren only grins before giving Levi what he wants, lightly pecking his lips sweetly. "Much better," the man nods his approval. "Now I need you to help me nail this to the post."

"Why?"

"Because. A shipment of furniture is well on the way here. However they won't know where to go if there aren't any signs."

Eren can't argue with that. He turns around to look at their small, unfinished house that the two of them have built together. It's small and will remain so for quite some time. The two lovers have already made plans to expand their living quarters later on when they have the time. As for now, their focus lies only on keeping a roof over their heads and maintaining warmth so the cold nights aren't as chilling.

Their bedroom is already fully furnished and as time progresses their home will expand and become greater.

Eren smiles softly to himself, admiring the lush greenery that surrounds the building as if it's his first time. It's not much for now, and his home back in the creed was definitely fit for a more fortuitous lifestyle. This is only a tiny seed that the two lovers have planted. In time it will grow and grow, in fact, Levi has big plans for the two of them. Plans that consist of both him and Eren living together peacefully without having to worry about the Empire, or the disbanded assassin's creed.

Eren grabs the nails that Levi had gotten on one of his trips to the Capital earlier that year and he follows the man towards a tall standing post.

Levi lifts up the wooden sign he's made and places it against the post before he takes the hammer off of Eren. The younger male is asked to keep the sign steady as Levi takes a few nails, holding some by his teeth, before he begins to nail the sign to the post.

When the two reel back to look at the sign, Eren chokes at the name Levi has given their little place.

"Sex Paradise..." He mutters aloud with a sharp look aimed towards the man. Levi only smirks and slides his hands around his lover's waist. His actions implying his apologies but his smirk hinting his pride in naming their establishment such a place.

"It seems fitting, doesn't it?"

"No it doesn't!" Eren sighs with a roll of his eyes before he leans into Levi's embrace. "If people see that they may come here and think it's a place where they can have paradise."

"I knew you wouldn't like it," Levis sighs, "That's why I'm prepared to paint over it and call it something you might like."

"Oh?" Eren lightly tilts his head back as he thinks of an appropriate name, all the while his hands lightly rub up and down Levi's chest. A small smile tugs at Eren's lips before he kisses Levi deeply and lovingly, hands pulling the man closer, if possible.

"Why don't we call it Maria?"

"Maria? Hmm. Not bad." Levi lightly smiles before he pulls Eren in to rejoin their lips in a heated kiss. They don't part for a while, feeling the love they have for one another with all their hearts. So strong and powerful.

They never parted ways ever since the day of the Apple. They remained at each other's side. Their house, completely finished and expanded on after another year.

Just the two of them.

Eventually the island started flourishing with civilisation and it was as if Eren and Levi had created their own little creed.

And yet, even after all this time with living in peace, they couldn't help but get their hands dirty by raiding the Empire's warehouses.

They can't help but be wanted. But they're wanted together, and that's all that matters to them.

THE END