8: Temptations

Just a warning to all readers who have made it to this chapter! This chapter may have some disturbing content, the beginnings of a rape. So please be warned. It may be a triggering scene. Please read onward with an open mind.

Enjoy!

With an estimated week left until the bounty hunter's reach the mainland, Eren is getting anxious. Now that the day of his death feels like it's around the corner he's starting to hyperventilate. Panicking, even. Usually he would be able to stay calm in a death situation, but unlike most other times, he has a crooked leg and absolutely none of his gear. There will be no last minute escapes like he had hoped. The only thing that could possibly save him is for his first mate and friend, Armin, to make an unscheduled appearance and sweep Eren away back to the creed. Knowing Armin though, he would have gone back to the creed to relay the report. He would have gathered back up, and that makes the Assassin's at least two weeks behind Eren and the hunters.

Eren will be dead before they can even see the capital.

Eren flinches as he hears the usual sound of Levi entering his cell. Two plates filled with glorious food await him. The cell is opened, and Levi makes himself comfortable beside Eren, ignoring the discomfort he's putting the assassin in. Without a word, Levi gives Eren his meal and Levi picks at his own with a small sigh.

"How about some friendly conversation?" Levi offers. "Maybe you can join in this time."

Eren scoffs and turns his head away from the raven haired man, leaving the Captain disheartened. Eren's like a brick wall, and Levi almost feels stupid talking to it all the damn time. It's amazing how much stubbornness this brick wall has, actually. Levi has been trying desperately to break through this brick wall, but none of his attempts has worked thus far. However, maybe he's been taking this the wrong way. His soft and gentle attempts aren't working.

Maybe he should try and use brute force?

He skims his eyes over Eren's balled up body; his arms hugging his knees as he stares away from the man that holds him captive. Frustrating, would be what Levi calls this. A big mass of frustration that eventually must expel. It's building inside, like a surge of energy slowly expanding. It'll have to break at some point. Levi won't be able to shut this frustration into a bottle any longer.

He's found that breaking point. It happens right as Eren shoves the food Levi prepared for him personally away from him. Eren refuses to eat the food that Levi had worked so hard to bring him. It's not easy to bring Eren such goods. The critical stares he gains from his own crew. 'You shouldn't be treating the prisoner like this,' they all tell him. Does Levi listen? Of course he doesn't. Instead he listens to the beats inside his chest. He allows himself to follow what that constant pulse tells him is right.

Eren's refusal acts as a sharp dagger that pierces Levi's heart. It cuts the thread to Levi's patience.

"Eat." Levi says to Eren, his voice trying to remain calm.

Eren ignores.

"Eren," Levi raises his tone ever so slightly, warning written all over it, "Eat the food. It'll get cold."

A tired sigh escapes the younger's lips and instead of paying any mind to the food, he begins admiring the iron bars that surround him, lightly picking at the rust. Like a thermometer, Levi's tempertaure rises to a hot red anger. Eren shrieks as a hand tightens around his throat. Hitting the wall of his cell with a painful thud, the boy once again gasps, this time for the sweet air that slowly drains from his body through the tight squeeze of strong hands. Looking into those silver eyes has Eren drowing in the hollow abyss it takes him. Such cold eyes that burn Eren's skin. Fear ensnares him. Such intensity...