24: A Promise

"So is this is how it all ends..." Eren mumbles quietly to himself. The surroundings reminiscent to his small corner cell on the ship named Hiechou. Only this time he's sharing it with someone. He turns to the other person that lingers in one corner of the prison, his head bowed down into his knees, sulking probably. Eren sighs and shuffles closer before poking the man's raven hair trying to get his attention. "I did say it was a bad idea to come back. I told you that they were going to try and kill you." Eren frowns at Levi. "You didn't listen and now we're both going to be executed tomorrow morning!"

Levi slowly raises his head to hold his gaze with the clearly frustrated younger male. The frustration is mutual. Levi feels like he's been played for all these years. He couldn't see it, but for all that time he thought him and King Erwin were allies, friends even, it was one sided and it was Levi who had gotten caught in the burn. It's something he'll never be able to forgive himself for. He didn't just get his own neck caught, but he dragged Eren along. He even assured Eren that everything was fine but that promise is now something he'll never be able to fulfill. Come morning this metaphorical rope will become a literal one, tied around their necks in a death grip before finally taking their life.

Levi dragged Eren all the way to the Capital and in the end they're both going to suffer.

However there is one thing that Erwin said to him before he was thrown into this shit hole of a cell. While they have the chance, alone together, with their lives threatened and soon to be brought to its end, there's still one more chance for Levi to score a goal. To experience what it's like.... to be inside Eren.

"I blame you for all this," Eren huffs when he doesn't get a response from Levi. "I tried my very hardest to stay away from this shitty place and you go ahead with your high and mighty fancy talk and cursing and shit. Why did I agree?! Why the fuck was I stupid enough to trust you that everything would be okay when we got here?!"

"Eren-"

"Now you fucking talk?! Well. I'm not done yet so shut up and pay attention to me for once!"

Levi does shut up. But only because he finds angry Eren to be extremely hot.

"I don't have a home anymore, Levi! And you know why?! Because you kidnapped me and it took too long for me to return this stupid key that everyone wants. Which, I can't give it to the creed anyway because that big old brute of a fucking tree took the shitty piece of metal!"

Levi also thinks Eren swearing is rather sexy.

"Just when I actually started thinking everything would be okay! This whole bomb shell of shit just starts exploding all over the place. Ha! And to think... I even started thinking that I liked you-"

"Wait a minute-"

"But was this your plan after all?! Well you fucking got me! Here I am! Trapped in this fucking cage with you. You! Of all people! I-"

"EREN!" Levi shouts with his eyes slightly widened. "Can we go back a few sentences? Did you just say you like me?" Levi asks with caution. The brunet stares back at Levi with just as much shock as the man. He was so caught up in his anger that he just let it slip. The poor boy hadn't even thought of considering having feelings for Levi, especially with all the shit that keeps piling on top of them.

Due to the dim lighting in their cell, Levi almost misses the redness that spreads all over Eren's face and down to his neck. Almost.

"I... I never did.... did I s-say that...?" Eren nervously chuckles.

"You did. Say it again," Levi urges.

"What? No!"

"Why not? It's not so bad coming from you."