13: Revelation

Eren hugs his legs close to his chest as he watches the embers become enveloped by newborn flames. The vibrant colours illuminate his surroundings in an orange glow, providing both light and warmth. It's odd to say it even provides Eren with a small blanket of comfort. He's far away from his home and unable to get away from Levi no matter how much he's tried. He attempted a quick escape but Levi caught him and then gave him a stern talking to.

It's times like these that he finds security in holding the key around his neck. He doesn't know how many times he's had to fiddle with the cool metal, but Eren finds a comfort in it that he can't quite explain. It feels like his only connection to home. To the creed. Aside from his clothes and arsenal, the key that he claimed on his last mission is the one thing that ties him to home. Or, more or less, keeps his hope to return alive and burning as hot as the fire in front of him.

Eren stares into the depths of the brilliant flame before falling back and laying against the log. Levi left sometime ago to find something to eat, though Eren doubts he'll find anything in the darkness. They should have found things beforehand, but that never happened. So here Eren is, guarding their precious light and warmth, waiting for Levi to return and quench his hunger for food.

Eren closes his eyes for a few seconds, indulging in the sounds of the nature around him. Crickets chitter all around him, leaves rustle gently in the breeze that glide across the tree tops. He sighs, allowing the surroundings to lull him gently to sleep. The jungle is surprisingly peaceful at night. So far there hasn't been any deadly creatures attacking him. He's not dead yet, as Levi hasn't tried to kill him. In fact, the man has made sure that Eren is hydrated, fed, and getting enough proper rest in order to heal his injuries.

Earlier that day, Eren accidentally tripped and his arm caught on a branch causing him to bleed. The way Levi reacted was as if Eren was on his death bed. The man may not have screamed in horror or cried in worry, but he made an awful fuss about it. Swearing, cussing at Eren to be more careful. He wasn't acting all protective mother, but more a loving... boy f-... boyfriend...

Eren shudders.

'He really loves me...'

Eren sticks his tongue out in disgust. The thought brings a sickening churn to his stomach. It's not right... it can't be... in his creed, having a male with another male is... it's just unheard of.

'But the sex felt good...' Eren remembers with a faint blush. A man having sex with another man, at first Eren was apalled by it, but he can't deny that he felt amazing.

Eren scoffs and rolls onto his side, glaring ahead of him. His cheeks now burning incredibly hot. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Eren needs to stop thinking about it. The more he does, the more he begins to hate himself. It's not his fault, right? That Levi looked so...

It's just that... his muscles! The way his abdomen contracted from breathing heavily and how his body covered in sweat looked incredibly delicious and...

STOP IT!

Eren covers his ears with a frustrated growl.

Not only is Levi good looking, but his combat skills are amazing! Before, he had thought that they may be compatible, but after trying to kill him earlier that day, Levi's skills clearly outweigh his own by far! His reflexes are so quick, that Eren only has to blink before Levi is out of his sight. He's battle smart. He has the skills of an...

Eren widens his eyes and sits up with a realisation. He flicks his wrist and eyes the blade that sprouts from its place. The blade then retracts, causing Eren to blink in shock.

'Levi has one of these... he has these blades...'

Eren stands up with a hand running through his hair.