4: Escape

Levi's hand should have been sliced clean off,  he should have lost it to Eren's blade. Unfortunately for the Assassin, Eren comes to terms that this man isn't any ordinary bounty hunter. As a loud song of steel against steel shakes his ears, he realises his attack has failed. Levi's arm is still very much intact, but now with his own blade meeting Eren's. One directly from his wrist. From a contraption only found with the Assassins.

In that moment, Eren hesitates. His hesitation becomes his fall. Levi kicks Eren back. The boy shakes his head to try and rid his doubts. So what if he has the same blades? It just makes the fight more interesting. Eren lunges, lashing out at Levi with everything he's got. Their blades clashing as each strike Eren tries to land in Levi's chest is countered by the man blocking and retaliating with a boot to Eren's gut. Levi tries to swing at Eren a few times, but Eren manages to evade and block each move. However there is a difference in their style. Levi is putting half the effort Eren is. He appears to be fighting his all, but Eren can see he's making sure not to directly hurt Eren. Why? The Assassin is trying to kill him! His intention is to kill this man, but this Levi guy doesn't seem to understand the intent.

Growling, Eren thrusts his hidden blades to Levi's side only to have the skilled fighter kick his legs out from underneath him. Eren lands with a grunt before quickly moving aside. Levi's boot comes down hard where Eren's head was. The clanging is started once more. Each man wanting the fight to be over, but for different reasons.

Minutes pass but neither are able to land a single hit. Eren skids back in the dirt after a forceful shove, panting and facing his opponent with exhaustion, hatred, annoyance.

Levi hums quite impressed at the young man. He retracts his blades into his wrist guards, metal disappearing under his sleeves.

"You're quite skilled, Eren." He compliments the attractive teen. Eren only scowls, blades still at the ready. Compliments are what lead to stalling which could have Levi pull a sneak attack. Eren isn't letting his guard down. If he has to, Eren might even have to run. It's pointless fighting a fight he can't win. This has already dragged out longer than he intended. He needs to get back to his ship!

Levi laughs seeing Eren's fully defensive stance. "You're good, kid," he smirks before holding up the key Eren was tasked in retrieving. The key he once had in his pocket... "But not good enough."

"W- How?!"

"You were so focused on killing me that when I took it you never even noticed." Levi explains fondly and crosses his arms with a deep frown. "You know, I really wish you'd quit running away and let me love you already."

"I barely know you!" Eren shouts, but why should Levi care? He shrugs.

"Lets get to know each other then."

Eren shudders as a sudden shiver runs down his spine. The tone the man uses, alluring and deep; definitely someone Eren does not want to get involved with.

No thanks!

Eren reaches into his pocket and throws down another burst of smoke. He disappears from Levi's sight. The bounty hunter curses at Eren's quick thinking and holds a cloth to his mouth to not inhale the fumes. He squints into the mist, searching for the shape of Eren's lean figure. No such luck, but he does feel the slight pull of the key being taken away from him. Levi strikes and slashes at the thief. A cry sounds into the night air before the loud thumping of footsteps run away from the scene, the key back in the Assassin's hold.

"Damn it!" Levi glares down at the dirt that is sprinkled with red spots. "I tried to be nice, Jaeger." He turns and speed walks back towards the camp, following the blood trail. "I don't want to hurt you. But if I have to, I will." Once again, Levi is dashing through the trees, trying his best to keep a close eye on the diminishing trail.