Percy

I give an inspirational speech
PERCY: As if this week couldn't get any weirder, I found out I could speak not only to thestrals, but to any horse. But we'll get to that in a minute.

As we were on our way to the forbidden forest, I couldn't help but notice something. Everybody seemed a bit different.

Rather than sticking by Hazel and Will, Annabeth was naturally drawn towards Thalia, Grover, or my side. Hazel, Frank, Jason, and Reyna were always grouping up together now as well. Leo and Piper were on their own, though they managed to work in conversation with Jason occasionally. Magnus and Alex were their own duo, Magnus making the occasional comment to Annabeth. Nico walked with Will, though the two didn't exchange much conversation. Nico still looked exhausted.

I was beginning to realize how natural it felt to group up with Annabeth, Grover, and Thalia. These were my people, I knew that much. But it kind of hurt to see the other friendships I knew at Hogwarts fade away.

Through all of my false years at Hogwarts, Annabeth and Hazel had always been inseparable. Up until this year, Will and Frank were always side by side. I had always gotten along with most members of my house, and had grown closer to Jason just this school year. Leo and Piper were always a duo however, at least that much hadn't changed. But still, it was worrisome to think of how much would change once we went back to our real lives.

I hoped I could keep the friendship that I had with Jason. I hoped the others could keep theirs as well. I didn't want to live in a world where Annabeth and. Hazel weren't the best of friends, and Frank and Leo were mere strangers. It seemed unnatural to me.

But as my memories at Hogwarts grew faulty, I was scared to realize it was becoming less unnatural. All of these people were naturally drawn towards each other. Every moment, I began to forget more and more spells that I'd known since first year. Would all of my old life's memories return, or would I be left with nothing?

So I guess learning I could speak horse was the least of my concerns about my old life. Wow, great tie in Percy.

Anyway, we all headed off to the forbidden forest. Jason and I could see the thestrals clearly, and after a moment of adjusting, so could everyone else apart from the twins, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. We guided them all to a separate thestrals. Unfortunately, there simply weren't enough.

"What's this you mentioned about a hell hound, Thalia?" I asked.

Thalia grinned.

She whistled.

A portal appeared in the air. Out popped a rather large, but playful dog. It pounced onto me, knocking me down and licking my face.

"Don't shoot!" Thalia warned Will, who had drawn back his bowstring in alarm. "Mrs. O' Leary is a friend."

"I suppose she is!" I laughed as the pooch licked my face. I stood once she stopped, stroking her head.

Nico cautiously approached the dog, seemingly interested.

"What kind of dog did you say this was again?" He asked. He looked less pale than earlier, that was a good sign.

"Hell hound. Drawn towards children of hades, of course. He's basically under your command. Though, he has a liking towards Percy," Thalia said. "Yours too, Hazel. You're a child of Pluto."

Hazel, Nico, and I approached the hell hound with a smile. She especially loved me, not to brag or anything.

"The hellhound can take at least three people...but we'll need more." Reyna pondered.

"Wait, I may have an idea that will work," Thalia thought. "Percy, do me a favor. Call for the name, Blackjack."

"Blackjack?" I questioned.