Frank

We try to get some answers and we leave with even more questions

FRANK:

"Think of something you desire," I offered. "Questions you have unanswered?"

"I don't know what I desire." Leo admitted. We paced around the room of requirement, wondering where to go from here.

"Then ask the room to tell you what you desire."

Leo and I laughed at that. It was only meant as a joke.

"Glorious room of requirement!" Leo announced in a deep voice, imitating a sports commentator. "Lead me to what I seek! Tell me my greatest desires, tell me what I want!"

We laughed harder now, this really was silly. We hadn't a clue what we were doing.

Leo was the first to stop laughing.

"That mirror wasn't here before." Leo pointed to the corner of the room, where sure enough, an old looking mirror sat.

"Oh my--that's the mirror of erised."

Students had heard legends about it for years now. Apparently it had been used as one of the obstacles against the philosopher's stone. Or sorcerer's, whatever you prefer. Apparently not everybody knows the difference.

"Bloody hell." Leo and I stared at the mirror in awe. With both of us looking at it, we only saw our reflections.

"Well, go on ahead! You first." I encouraged. Leo hesitantly stepped forward. I only saw his reflection in it when I stepped back. His expression remained still for a moment, then something changed about him. His eyes glazed over, like he was in a trance. He grew tongue-tied, mumbling under his breath. His hand subconsciously lifted towards the mirror. He leaned against it, staring longingly.

"Leo," I out my hand on his shoulder and he slapped it away.

"One more moment," Leo said. "Just one."

He stared at the mirror a moment longer then turned to me. He blinked, falling out of the trance. He blushed and covered his face.

"How long was I--It was like I forgot where I was."

"You only looked at the mirror for about 30 seconds." I answered, concerned.

"Huh," he said. "Felt like days."

"What did you see?" I asked.

He faced the opposite corner of the room, away from the mirror.

"I've been having dreams, vision like dreams about this girl. I don't know much about her, I only know her name is Calypso. I think I love her." He was still blushing.

I couldn't tell whether he was joking or not. I could tell, however, that he was being over dramatic. That was a continuing theme with Leo.

"Hah! You made fun of me for my girl troubles? Me asking Natalie Pierce to the ball is nothing compared to you being in love with a girl in your dreams! I guess that title is more than appropriate in this case, she's quite literally the girl of your dreams!" I doubled over in laughter.

"Instead of making fun of me why don't you go make yourself useful and look into the mirror? And stop with this. She isn't some random girl I'm dreaming about, she's got something to do with all of this. I'm telling you." Leo wasn't serious about much, but he seemed serious about his.

"Okay, fine. I'll stop making fun of you," I walked over to the mirror. "For now." I added.

At first I only saw my reflection. It took a moment, then the reflection rippled like a sheet of water. I didn't quite know what it was that I was seeing at first. It looked like something you'd see from a summer movie.