Harry

We meet some interesting people
HARRY: Believe me, the Slytherin dormitory was the last place I wanted to be. Sadly, I didn't have a choice. Ron and Ginny were going to leave the school to visit Fred and George and I was going with them. Since Mrs. and Mr. Weasley were technically his guardians at the moment, they would also have to ask him if he wanted to go along, which meant I had to go into the Slytherin house to fetch Nico.

McGonagall had fetched a Slytherin prefect to take me to the house, and guide us to the fourth year's dorms where Nico was staying. Her name was Piper McClean, and she looked absolutely horrified when McGonagall stopped her in the halls.

"I know, I'm out late! I'm heading back to my house, I swear. I was only out here because of corridor patrol." She spouted out the second McGonagall said her name.

"I am aware why you are out after hours, McClean. You were assigned the late corridor hours. You are not in trouble. I'm only asking you to guide Mr. Potter to Mr. Di Angelo's dormitory. I expect you can manage that?"

Piper nodded a bit too eagerly.

"O-Of course professor! I'll do it."

Ron waited with Mr. Weasley and Ginny in McGonagall's office while I let Piper take me to the house.

She continued to rub her hands together while we walked. Something I used to do as a kid when I was nervous. Whenever I sensed a lecture from my aunt or uncle, I used to ran my hands together under the table or behind my back.

"Are you alright?" I asked. Normally, I wouldn't sympathize with a Slytherin. But after become decent friends with Nico, I realized they aren't all bad.

"I had a long night." She spat.

"You and me both." I heard myself say. She stopped walking and glared at me. "Sorry, that was rude."

"You're a Gryffindor." She noted. "Do you happen to know Jason Grace?"

I shrugged.

"He's a quiet guy. I wouldn't say I know him, I know of him. Why do you ask?"

She shrugged, then continued walking.

"Do you want to ask him to the ball or something? I'd say go for it, a Slytherin Gryffindor relationship might bring some good to this school." She froze again and glared at me. Her eyes were like knives.

"I do NOT fancy Jason Grace. He's repulsive, much like the rest of your kind."

Ah, there she was, sounding a lot more like a Slytherin.

"Our kind?" I rolled my eyes. "And what exactly is our KIND? Let me guess, you mean half-bloods and muggle-borns. Jason has a muggle mum. You're seriously going to--"

"I don't care about your stupid blood status! I mean your kind as in Gryffindor!" Her face was bright red.

"Oh, uh--sorry." Why was I apologizing? She's the one who just insulted me.

"Why do you not like Jason?" I asked.

"He--he ran into me a few days ago! He sent all of my things flying, it was so annoying."

"Wow, send him to Azkaban," I mumbled. She scoffed. "But why are you wondering if I know him?"

"Don't ask me about it." Piper commanded. Strangely enough, after she said it, I didn't say anything. I still had the curiosity, and I still wanted more than anything to ask her about it. Maybe I could get some information on Jason, maybe she knew something about him? I knew he was a werewolf already, but maybe there could be something more? Nico had debunked him as a suspect, but maybe she could confirm my suspicions?