Piper

I dream up a love life

PIPER: I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I really do HATE visions.

It may surprise you, given my often negative commentary, but I don't hate many things. I strongly despise a lot of things, but hate is too strong of a word for even me, a girl who can literally control people by using words!

Anyway, back to the vision business. Visions suck in general. Especially when those visions already happened, and they're more like memories from a past life you can't remember. If anybody else has gone through a situation like me and they're reading this paragraph right now, know that I sympathize with you.

Then again, NOBODY on this planet is in the same sucky situation as me--apart from the others that I'd come across at Hogwarts.

Want to know about the vision I had? Well, I have two replies to that. 1. You're nosy. 2. Before you mock me or tease me for what I'm about to tell you, remember that I can control your actions with a few simple words.

I had gotten back from our meeting in the room of requirement when I collapsed from exhaustion onto the couch. Leo lay in front of the fire before me.

"I overheard that Draco's got--"

"Loads of detentions and a ban from going to the ball, I know!" I smiled. Gossip travels quickly.

"Damn it, the ball!" Leo sighed. "I still haven't got a date..." He sat up with a mischievous grin.

A bouquet of flower shaped flames appeared in his hand.

"Pipes, do me the honor and be my date to the ball?" I rolled my eyes.

"Sure, now put that out! You don't want anybody walking in."

He grinned.

"I'm taking a power nap, Pipes. Wake me up when Di Angelo gets here. He needs more fun in his life, we're going to force him to have a sleepover out here."

I nodded, but I couldn't reply. Before I could reply, my eyes fell shut. I knew I was about to have a vision. Surprise! Lucky me...

***

I was at a camp of some sort, a place that had appeared in some of my previous visions. I sat beside a boy. It was him, the blonde boy with a blurry face.

"The Romans are leaving tomorrow," he spoke. "What does that say for us, Piper? Are you staying here?"

I didn't hesitate to respond.

"California," I heard myself say. "I know this place is safe for Greek demigods, but I'm perfectly capable of defending myself."

He laughed. His face was becoming clearer every second. I could briefly make out a thin, white scar across his lips.

"I don't doubt that." He laughed. He seemed like a relatively serious guy. Hearing him laugh made my heart jump.

My head was resting on his shoulder. As our hands were close to touching, I felt a spark--literally. A small bright light jumped from his hand for a second. We pulled our hands away.

"Sorry," he held his hands up. "It happens."

I laughed, draping my arm across his shoulder.

"Shut up, lightning boy."

I could see his face clearer now. Still, his features were hard to capture. I could only see that he was blinking. However, I couldn't tell you the color of his eyes or give a clear description of his face shape. It was still too fuzzy.