Piper

I flirt and literally nothing else happens

PIPER: "Piper McClean! Lovely of you finally join us!" Draco explained as I took my usual seat beside him at the Slytherin table. Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode giggled across from me. The girls were my friends and all, but they were rather oblivious on how to be subtle when gossiping. Draco Malfoy had been the only word out of their mouths since our ride to Hogwarts. Since they'd heard rumor of the possible ball, no Slytherin girl would shut their mouths about Malfoy.

Stupid, annoying, gorgeous Malfoy.

What do I say? I've always had a thing towards blondes. A huge bonus was that I had Malfoy wrapped around my finger.

"Cut it with the gentleman act, Draco. Gentleman doesn't suit you." Pansy and Millicent giggled like first-year girls.

"Is that so?" Draco put his elbow on the table and held his head in his hands. He thought he was so cute. So, so cute...

"Yeah. If it wasn't so, why would I have said it?"

"She got you there, Draco." Pansy pointed out.

"Shut it, Parkinson."

Pansy's face reddened. She turned to Millicent and started what was probably a fake conversation, so she could listen in on Draco and me without being as obvious.

"If being a gentleman doesn't suit me, then what does? I like to consider myself a bit of a bad boy. Does that description suit me better?" He smirked, his head tilting to the side in his hands.

"Not when you do that. You look like a confused mutt."

Pansy and Millicent burst into laughter. Draco glared at them.

"What? Pansy told me a joke." She lied.

"Hey, you guys want to know what the real joke is this year?" Draco gestured to the group of nervous, unsorted first years.

"What about them?" I asked.

"Pipes, look at the front of that line. Doesn't that kid stick out?" Pansy pointed to a boy at the front of the line. He was pale, he had dark hair which went well worn his dark expression. He didn't look like he was enthused to be here.

"Apart from the fact that he's a bit too tall to be eleven, no. Who is he?" I asked. The girls laughed, as usual. Draco gestured towards the boy, then the daily prophet under his tray. Suddenly, I connected the dots.

"Oh, he's being sorted then? It's a shame what happened to his parents." I said. Draco raised his brow.

"Did you read the story?"

"Um, yeah? What about it?"

Millicent laughed, "you feel bad for the mud-blood? Honestly Piper, for the big bad girl act you put on, you're too cute sometimes!" Draco and Pansy howled with laughter.

"You know what's the real joke here though?" Pansy pointed to the Gryffindor table. The blonde-headed buffoon who'd run into me in the hallway was sitting at the end of the Gryffindor table, alone reading a book.

"You know your life is at a low point when you're a reject for the Gryffindors, biggest rejects of all." Draco pointed out. Millicent and Pansy cackled at his joke.

"Better watch out Draco, that boy sure swept Piper off her feet in the corridor earlier!" Millicent teased. Draco expression looked like someone has just punched him in the gut, hard.

I looked over at the Gryffindor boy. I felt a slight bit guilty for how rude I had been in the corridor, but that was mostly because Millicent and Pansy had been getting on my nerves about the stupid dance at the time and I was just annoyed. I was caught off guard as him and I locked eyes across the room. He has a unique expression in a way, an expression that made me feel an unfamiliar feeling. What was ironic about this unfamiliar feeling was that it felt like it should have been familiar. . .

He quickly diverted his gaze down to his book just as quickly as I turned back to Draco.

"Long story," I mumbled to the confused Draco. "Now, shut up you lot, the feast is about to stop." Curiously enough, they all listened. They shut their mouths for the first time that morning and seemed quite surprised themselves to do so. Ha, maybe it was more than Draco that I had wrapped around my finger.