Leo

Frank Zhang amazes me, as usual
LEO: Want to know what it feels to be out of place? Try being me, a scrawny Slytherin boy, sitting in a room surrounded by Gryffindor folks who look like they lift boats on their free time. Seriously, how did Gryffindor not always win the Quidditch cup? All of the students in the house had more muscles than me, including the first years. That was just sad.

"I don't understand how you didn't get in trouble too." Percy complained, tossing a quill at me. "You were in our potions group as well, and only Jason and I got in trouble!"

Somehow, our free period on our schedules was at the same time on Mondays. We all went back to the Gryffindor common room after potions. Surprisingly, nobody else was in here.

I tossed the quill back at him. It missed him and hit Jason instead.

"Ouch, not nice!" Jason threw the quill back at me. It narrowly avoided impaling my eye.

"It's because I'm a Slytherin. A Slytherin could literally stab a Gryffindor right in front of him and Snape would punish the Gryffindor for making a mess by bleeding on the floor, and he'd make the Gryffindor clean up the mess."

"That's stupid." Jason complained.

Percy and Jason both glared at me.

"Hey, I never said it was fair! I feel bad for the other houses. I can't stand Snape, or most of the Slytherins. But I'm not about to speak up and say, "hey, Snape! These are my friends! Punish me too!" I'd be mad to do that." I pointed out.

Percy shook his head.

"I disagree. If my friends were being punished for something I was involved in I would claim full responsibility so they wouldn't get in trouble." Percy said

Jason snorted.

"I'd say screw it. I'm with Leo on this one." We both smirked.

"You two are awful friends." Percy said, disgusted.

"Oh, look at me! I'm Percy Jackson, I'm a good friend! Listen kiddos, as I explain the importance of friendship! Let's all join hands and sing!" I mocked

Jason laughed, Percy on the other hand didn't appreciate my spot-on impersonation.

"Look at me, I'm Leo Valdez," Percy fired back. "I have one good joke out of every fifty that I make! And when I laugh, I look like a constipated dwarf!"

"Not nice!" I threw the quill back at Percy.

Percy caught it and but it back down on the table.

"This isn't fair. We're mocking each other, but we haven't mocked Jason." Percy complained. Percy and I glanced at Jason. He sighed.

"Do it, if you must." He sighed.

"Hi, I'm Jason Grace! I try to push people away because I have a dark past!" Percy offered.

Jason blinked. "That wasn't funny, that was just sad."

"Ah, Leo's better at this than I am. Have anything?" Percy asked.

"I think the fact that Jason is a blonde is enough of a joke on its own. We're covered here." Percy and I snorted while Jason fought back a smile.

"You two are annoying." Jason complained. Suddenly, Jason sat up.

"Percy. Maybe you can explain the whole fire water thing you two were talking about in class? I'm at a loss." Jason suggested.

Percy and I exchanged glances. I trusted these two. Not that I had a choice to trust Percy, since he knew about my fire thing. Still, I actually sort of liked these guys. I realize they hadn't completely warmed up to me yet, but I understood.