Chapter 21

Suffocating.
That's what you felt at that moment. You couldn't control your emotions and the state of shock that was occurring. You gulped nervously. You looked around the table. Everyone was smiling and laughing whilst talking to each other. Brendon glanced at you and his smile quickly turned into a concerning one. "Y/n?" He said. All eyes were on you now.

You were shaking, eyes widened. Brendon rushed over to your side with worry. Everyone was shocked at his actions. You struggled to breathe. "Shit" he muttered, wrapping his arms around you. "What's happening?" Patrick asked concerned. "Panic(!) attack" he replied quickly trying to calm you down. You never told Patrick that you had anxiety since you haven't had a panic attack in awhile. Brendon tried to calm you down which almost worked, until you felt the lost of contact as he ran to get a water bottle to help with your high temperature. You immediately began to hyperventilate. Patrick ran to you, trying desperately to calm you down. He only made you hyperventilate more. Everyone was concerned by now.

Brendon ran back as quick as he could. Tears streamed your face. As soon as Brendon pulled you closer to him, you instantly calmed down. He put the water bottle on the back of your neck to cool you down. "Breathe Y/n, breathe" he said softly. You looked at his eyes. "Follow my breathing" he demonstrated his breathing. You concentrated on it, slowly calming down. Everyone's eyes furrowed, questioning why Patrick couldn't calm you down, but Brendon, your ex, could. "What the fuck?" You heard Sarah remark. Everyone turned towards her. You were breathing fine now that you were in Brendon's arms. "What?" Felix questioned. "Are you trying to get into his pants?" Sarah spat. Everyone was shocked at her. Your eyes widened. "What?" You softly said, barely over a whisper. "Sarah stop" Brendon defends you. "Oh so now you're defending her? How come her own boyfriend couldn't calm her down, but her ex boyfriend can?" She smirked. Patrick looked at you with questioning eyes. Before you could speak, Brendon answered for you. "It's because I've gone through what she has, so I know how to deal with it" he said glaring at Sarah.

You heard a camera click. You all turned towards the window of the cafeteria. You saw two guys holding cameras. They quickly ran away as soon as you guys noticed them. "Oh no" you said. "Yeah. Oh no!" Sarah mocked you. "Then everyone can see how much of a slut you are" she spat. You saw Dallon and Felix about to pounce on her. "Sarah seriously you need to stop" Brendon demanded her. She scoffed. "Well it's either me or her. Choose one" she smirked. His eyes widened as he gulped. "Sarah-" Patrick was cut off. "No! She's clearly trying to get into my fiancé's pants! I'm not dealing with it anymore!" She stomped. "Well if you think I'm choosing you over my best friend, then go" he shooed her away. Her mouth was agape. "You don't mean that, right babe?" She said sweetly.

Brendon stood up with fury in his eyes. "No, how dare you insult Y/n when she has done nothing to you!" He yelled. Everyone was shocked. "Fine!" She screamed and walked away. In the corner of your eye you saw Patrick eyeing Brendon. You started to cry again, another panic(!) attack forming. Brendon quickly noticed and picked you up bridal style. "I'm taking her to our rooms" he said walking off with you quickly. You saw Patrick glaring at him a bit with questioning eyes. Brendon took you to his room and laid you on his bed. He immediately pulled you in a hug in an attempt to help you. "What's wrong?" He said softly. You whimpered. That made him pull you closer to him. "I-I just feel so g-guilty..." you replied. "Why?" He said. You looked into his deep hazel brown eyes. You looked back down. "Because I'm in love with someone I shouldn't be" you whispered. "You love Patrick don't you?" He asked you. "I do, as a friend though" you whimpered. He hugged you tighter. "Then who are you talking about?" He asked concerned. You stayed quiet for a while. "Y/n?" He questioned you worriedly.

  "You..." you whispered. You felt his tense up, and then relax. "I still love you Brendon, and I never stopped..." you quietly said. Brendon said nothing. Suddenly, you felt a hand raising your chin up. You saw his brown eyes. Before you knew it, you felt his lips connect with yours.

AN: I absolutely love Sarah! This is just for the story, I know that she is very kind and humble in reality.