Chapter 11

You woke up to find yourself on your bed. The boys must've carried me up here... you thought. You glanced over at your clock, 9:26 am. You got up and went to the bathroom to get ready. "Y/N HURRY UP WE CANT BE LATE FOR THE READING FESTIVAL!" You heard Felix yell from downstairs. "Ok!" You yelled back. You quickly got ready and put on a grey oversized sweatshirt, black ripped jeans, and some adidas. You went downstairs to see the boys making breakfast. "2 eggs...1 cup of milk..." Felix muttered. "Hey" Jackson said. You smiled and replied with "Hey". You went to the fridge and got some yogurt and fruit. You quickly made a yogurt parfait and sat down. You heard Felix groan loudly. "WHY WONT YOU COOOOK" Felix screamed. You laughed. You saw his pancake batter. It was all yellow. You raised your eyebrow. "What?" Felix asked. You suddenly burst out laughing. The boys looked at you confused. You grabbed a bag of flour and put it into Felix's batter. "WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOIINNGG" he yelled eyes widened. "You need flour to thicken the batter, dumbass" you said chuckling. "Oh" Felix said looking at his batter. After breakfast, you looked at your phone. 9:46. "We should head to the festival, sound check is at 10:30." Derrick said grabbing his jacket. You texted your manager. "Spencer said he's coming" you said. "Ok" the boys replied. You heard a honk. "That must be him" You said running out the door. "Hey man" you smiled. "Hey!" He replied. You all went inside the car. "I CALL SHOTGUN" you yelled. "DAMMIT!" Jackson yelled. You grabbed the ax cord to play some music. You blasted Fall Out Boy. "Haha, Pete would love to see this" Felix said as he recorded you. You danced around like a maniac. A lady next to you in her car rolled her eyes scoffing at you. You mouthed the words to the Fall Out Boy song, "I! Dont! Care what you think as long as it's about me!" You mouthed. The lady scoffed at you speeding away. You saw fans scream whilst recording you. You laughed.
{ time skip brought to you by Dr. Ham }
"REAAADING!" You yelled as you ran around the parking lot. Fans screamed as they saw you guys. You ran around the parking lot teasing the fans. You all headed backstage to get ready. "Hey soundcheck in 5!" A crew member said. You all went to soundcheck. As you all were heading to the stage, you saw Brendon at the mic. Your eyes widened. You glanced over to see Sarah sitting at the edge of the stage smiling at Brendon. A huge pang of jealousy ran through you. You slowly backed away from the stage to the backstage. Fans screamed when they saw you. "Hey!" You said as fans erupted in screams. They suddenly screamed even louder. You raised your eyes in confusion. You saw one fan point behind you. You turned around to see Brendon smiling at you. "Oh..hey" you said fake smiling. "Hey! I didn't know you were also performing" he smiled at you. "Yeah me either..." you said awkwardly. The fans erupted in screams as they witnessed you two. You saw Sarah walk up to you two. The fans screamed louder than before. She smiled and went up to Brendon. "Whatcha doing? Oh hey Y/N!" She said smiling at you. "Hey!" You smiled back at her. You genuinely thought she was a nice person, not some snobby girl dating Brendon for attention. Brendon looked behind him smiling widely at her. You saw a slight hint of sadness in his eyes as he looked at her. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion for a bit. "FUCK OFF SARAH!" You heard a fan yell. The three snapped their heads towards him. Before Brendon could say anything, you bravely walked up to him. "Hey! Why are you hating on Sarah? What has she done to you?" You yelled. Brendon looked at you surprised. "You and Brendon were perfect! Sarah is ruining it!" The fan said. "Brendon and I are in the past, Brendon is happily dating Sarah now, so get over it, they are both equally happy with each other. If you don't like her, I suggest you stop listening to our music if you can't accept a family member" you said glaring at him. That sure did shut him up. The fans erupted in cheers. You walked back to the stage. "Crimson in 10!" A crew member said. You got your earpiece and put it in, grabbing your mic. You felt a tap on your shoulder. You saw Sarah smiling kindly at you. "Hey, thank you for doing that. I know you barely know me, but that was really sweet" she said. "Oh it's no problem. They shouldn't have said such a negative comment to you" you said smiling at you. She hugged you, before going back to Brendon. "Crimson in 2!" The crew member said once more. You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. The introduction began playing as Derrick, Felix, and Jackson all went to the stage. As you walked to the stage, you heard cheers. "I can do this" you whispered to yourself.
{time skip brought to you by CrankThatFrank}
You guys were almost done with your set. "How are you guys doing?" You said into the mic. The crew members dragged out a piano to the stage. Your band members were confused. "Y/N is doing a solo song for this part" you heard inside your earpiece. You turned your head to see them nodding and smiling at you. "So, for this last-ish song, I will be performing a song that is deep to my heart. I wrote it about 3 days ago. It's about someone I cared about, well I still do." You chuckled into the mic. "Anyway" you said as you sat down. "This is called Changes." You started to play the piano. (Credit to XXXTENTACION)
"Mmmm baby I don't understand it, your changing I can't stand this, my heart can't take this damage, and the way I feel can't stand it, mmm baby I don't understand this" you sang. The fans grew quiet. "Boy your making it hard for me, boy your making it hard for me mm" you sang passionately. Almost the entire crowd had their phones out by now. You looked around the crowd. You saw Brendon in the corner of your eye. By the look in his eyes, you knew that he knew this song was about him. You saw sadness in his eyes for a split second. You tried hard to not tear up whilst playing. You played the last chord before ending the song. The fans erupted in screams. The band came back on the stage, and the crew took the piano away. You smiled and grabbed your mic. "For this last song, it's about a time where I was feeling really badass." You smirked as Jackson started playing.
{time skip brought to you by Nicole Rows (I love her so much oml) }
You headed backstage once you guys were done. "Hey" you heard someone. You turned around to see Brendon. "What are you doing? You go out in 5" you asked him. "Yeah I know, but I wanted to know something" he said. "Yeah?" You asked grabbing your water bottle. "Was that song, you know Changes, about me?" He asked. You almost choked on your water. "N-no" you replied nervously. "Oh..okay" he said with a bit of sadness in his voice. "Panic! In 2!" One of his crew members said. "Well I better get going, see ya later!" He said before running out. You stood there confused. Why did he look sad at my answer? You thought. You walked backstage to relax until it was time to leave.