Minxie's Training

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Minxie..."

I turned to the side, trying to block out the voice that was trying to rip me away from my slumber.

"Minxie, wake up."

"Shh..." I murmured, pulling the blankets over my head. "I'm unavailable at the moment..."

"Minx, come on. You've got to get up." I knew it was Ryuu in seconds.

I groaned, squeezing my eyes shut tightly.

"Don't make this difficult."

"Then don't wake me up..." I snuggled farther into the blankets.

"You asked for it." Before I could ask what he meant, a horn was honked to its loudest possible potential right in my ear.

I immediately jumped from my bed, which resulted -just as most of my morning activities did- with me on the floor.

"All right!" I shouted. "I'm up, I'm up!" I rubbed my eyes, tilting my head in attempt to get my ears to stop ringing. "You almost killed me, you jerk!"

"Don't be dramatic," Ryuu said flatly, flipping the horn into the air and catching it. "Get ready."

I groaned. "Ugh, why?"

"Because, dearest little sister, today is the day you start your training."

Third Person's POV

Rin woke up to the sound of birds chirping. She felt the sun stream through the windows of the inn she, Mitchell, and Scarlett were staying at, warming up her entire being.

Whatever tranquility she felt vanished when Scarlett burst into the room, her heels clicking against the wooden floorboards.

"Wake up, princess," Scarlett sang. "We're going back on the road as soon as we have breakfast."

Rin sighed, sitting up in bed. Her sensitive ears heard Scarlett walking away. "And where are you going?"

"I'm going to sit by the lake and plot you and your friends' demise," Scarlett answered sarcastically. Rin's look turned apprehensive.

Scarlett rolled her eyes. "Oh, calm down. Can't you take a joke? I'm just going to get breakfast. Is that a crime?"

"Knowing you, you'll make it into one," Rin stated.

Scarlett opened her mouth to object, then shrugged. "That's... Quite possible. But, rest assured, little princess, I'm behaving. For now, anyway." She moved her bangs to the side. "See you in the kitchen." And with that, the Doppelganger walked off, her heels dictating every step she took until she disappeared down the hall.

Rin sighed deeply, dragging herself out of bed. She made her way down the hall and to the kitchen, stopping when she felt Mitchell's chakra near the fire.

"Morning," She greeted softly.

"Morning," Mitchell said. He surveyed her appearance. "Woah. You look like you've been through hell."

"Yeah, well, bunking with Scarlett isn't exactly fun, but I'll manage," She replied. "Although I am a bit surprised that I'm still alive. I thought Scarlett would've killed me in my sleep by now."

"I heard that," Scarlett called.

"You were supposed to," Rin called back mockingly. Scarlett rolled her eyes, and Mitchell laughed, continuing to stoke the fire.