A Single Rose

Recap: I raised an eyebrow, completely confused. "Then who... Who is he...?" I inquired.

Itachi closed his eyes, sighing. He opened them again, a deadly expression in his eyes. "In truth... Tobi is really Madara Uchiha."

Story Start::

"Two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Madara... Uchiha?" I choked out, my eyes widened. "But he's... He's like over 100 years old! How is he still alive!?"

"That's still a mystery to me as well," Itachi answered. "But he's powerful, Minxie. Him living this long is proof of that. You're a key to many things, and if he figures that out and how to use you... This world ends."

"Why hasn't he made his move yet? He knows I'm around the Akatsuki... Why hasn't he tried anything?" I asked curiously.

"Because he isn't sure which one he needs to complete his plan; he doesn't know if you're the Prophecy Child, or if Ryuu is," He said.

"Wait, plan? What plan?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know," He admitted. "I wish I did, but I don't. I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "Don't worry about it. I'll just have another pedophile coming after me! No biggie!" I said cheerfully. The Uchiha eyed me sadly, unconvinced.

I sighed. "What happens when he figures out that I am the Prophecy Child?" I asked quietly.

"He'll go after you. He'll extract the monster inside of you. Then, he'll do something to preserve your life... And once he's done using you, he'll kill you," He said solemnly.

"Ah," I said. "So, basically, I end up dead no matter what. Lovely. Being me is such a joy."

"You're handling this awfully well," He noted.

"Yeah, well, this isn't the first time I've had someone want to use me for their own benefit," I stated, "Plus, I've heard of Madara. In Akira's diary. She was my ancestor who lived in the First Hokage's time. The first Takeda Princess ever."

This conversation was taking a very awkward turn. Knowing things really, really sucked. I didn't want to know that Tobi was Madara. And the necklace he gave me... What would it do?

"The necklace... What would it do to me?" I asked suddenly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It's a very old device, one dating back to the time of the First Hokage. It was created after the prophecy was announced. It's a tracker, laced with Madara's chakra. He'll be able to find you, wherever you are. Once you're alone, destroy it," Itachi advised.

My eye twitched. "He is such a stalker... My God! That's almost as bad as Orochimaru! You know, except Madara doesn't try and lure in young fourteen-year-old boys..." I muttered.