The Plan

"It's all about manipulation, and what it takes to get my way."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Minxie's POV

"You can't be serious," Kylie said flatly, her arms crossed over her chest.

"I am being serious," I said, zipping the suitcase closed. "Scarlett's going to live in the other house with the rest of us. Case closed."

"Have you lost it? Scarlett's freaking crazy! Inviting her to the house where we live is suicide!" She objected.

"So you think letting her torture innocent villagers is a better idea?" I snapped at her, putting a hand on my hip.

"Well, no..." She muttered. "But at least before we had distance between us! Now, you're practically giving us all over to her."

"Haven't you ever heard the phrase 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer?'" I inquired.

"That phrase is pure B.S.," She said, scowling. "And it hardly applies to this situation."

"How does it not apply to this situation?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't know... Does the enemy usually look exactly like the friend and end up being more powerful than all of the friends combined?" She said. I shook my head, and she nodded. "Exactly."

"Well... That doesn't matter! Look, Scarlett and I made a deal. She'll lay off the village if I let her stay," I said.

"And you really think she's going to stay true to that?" She asked.

"No," I answered, "Which is exactly why we're all going to be staying in the other house. I mean, if we're all there, what can she really do?"

"I think the question is what she can't do..." She muttered.

"Huh?" I said.

She shook her head. "Nothing. Just... Just be prepared for anything, okay, Minxie? And don't be surprised if this blows up in your face. I wouldn't put anything past Scarlett."

"Talking about me again, huh?" Speak of the devil, and she shall appear... Sigh. 

Scarlett stood leaning in the doorway, her hands in the pockets of her shorts. I couldn't help but stare at her. We really were exact replicas. Besides the crimson eyes, you'd never be able to tell the difference between us. And seeing as how she can manipulate her chakra to change her eye color, there really is no difference.

"I see you packed my stuff," She noted, looking at the suitcase on the bed.

"Yeah, I did," I said. "You just have to go to the house."

"Perfect," She said, smiling her perfect smile. "And your impossibly gorgeous brother is going to be there, too, right?"