Battling Emotions

"Here I am, once again. I'm torn into pieces."

Kakashi's POV

"OH MY GOSH!" Someone screamed suddenly, and I bolted up from my position on the floor. I ran over to Sakura, who was the one who had yelled. She had a hand covering her mouth, and her green eyes were wide.

"What happened!?" I asked frantically, my one visible eye widening as Granny Chiyo came into view.

"I just saw the cutest thing ever!" Sakura trilled happily, and I resisted the urge to anime fall.

"You screamed because of that?" I asked flatly, and she nodded, a grin on her face.

"I just couldn't help it!" She exclaimed. "I mean, it's too cute! Look!" She pointed behind the now dosed-out fire, and I tilted my head when I saw what she was grinning at.

Naruto and Minxie were still asleep, but instead of being a few feet away from each other as they had been when we'd fallen asleep, they were cuddled together. He had an arm draped around her, and she was snuggled into his chest.

"I suspected there was something going on between them," Granny Chiyo said suddenly.

"There isn't," Sakura said, sighing sadly, "They're just best friends. At least... That's what they tell everyone. Liars! But it's so cute!"

"No matter how cute it is," I said, "They need to get up. We've got a lot of ground to cover and little time to do so."

Still, I couldn't help but smile at my two sleeping students. I'd always known that they'd harbored some sort of feelings for each other; they were just too stubborn to admit it. Naruto was good for Minxie. He cared about her more than anyone, and he'd never let anything happen to her. They understood each other instantly, having the most amazing connection I'd ever seen in a pair of friends.

"All right, all right," Sakura muttered, sighing. She walked over to them, kneeling next to their sleeping forms. "Naruto! Minxie! Get up!"

"Shh..." Minxie muttered, her hand searching for Sakura's face. She finally found it and covered the pinkette's mouth. "Five more minutes..."

Sakura's eye twitched, and she smacked Minxie's hand away. "We're on a mission! There's no time for that!"

Minxie groaned, squeezing her eyes shut tighter. Her hand moved along Naruto's chest, and she froze. Slowly, she opened her eyes and, realizing that she had been snuggling with Naruto, flew backwards.

"Oh my fudge!" the brunette exclaimed. "When... How did that even happen!?"

Sakura opened her mouth to answer, but the brunette was already answering herself. "Naruto! Get your ramen-loving butt up! I'm going to kick you!" Minxie barked, poking Naruto awake.

"What!?" the blonde shouted, bolting up from his position. Sakura fell backward, startled by his sudden movement.