Team 7: Reunited

"Oh, he's under my skin. Just give me something to get rid of him."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I'd been imagining this moment for months. Finally seeing him again. I had trained for it, readied myself for it. But even that wasn't enough.

My heart was beating too fast, my emotions were set on haywire, and my mind was a scene of chaos. Just him saying my name had sent me spiraling into the unknown.

He wasn't supposed to effect me this much. I wasn't supposed to feel what I was feeling. I was supposed to hate him, to get ready to beat him senseless and bring him back home... But I couldn't. I was too shocked. I stood there, my eyes never leaving his form.

Sasuke had changed so much. His appearance was one thing. If it was possible, he'd gotten even hotter since I'd last seen him. His features were more defined and mature, the boyness and hints of innocence he used to have gone. He wore dark purple pants with a purple rope around the waist, and his shirt was white. It opened in the middle, revealing his perfect and defined abs.

But it wasn't just his appearance that had changed. With one look, I already saw it. Sasuke wasn't Sasuke anymore. He was a blank slate, but he chose to be one. He cast an immobile, unfeeling presence, but even then... I was scared. I knew, by just looking at him, how terribly strong he had become.

"Naruto..." Sasuke said in that dark and deep new tone of his, "You came, too. I assume Kakashi's here as well..."

I heard someone walk up next to me, but I didn't bother to look at who. I was too caught up in Sasuke's gaze.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but Kakashi's not here. I was sent in his place. We, Team Kakashi, are here to take you back home," Yamato's voice spoke, and I assumed he was the one standing next to me.

"... Team Kakashi, huh," Sasuke murmured, his eyes never leaving mine. "Sai, over there... Is he my stand-in...? He spoke about wanting to protect the bond between Naruto and I, but... But it looks like he's just another weakling, too."

"What?" Sakura asked, shocked.

"I was supposed to kill Sasuke, yes," Sai said. "But I'm done following orders. Now, I'm going to think for myself. Naruto, you and Minxie... You're helping me to remember... All I thought was lost... My old feelings... Everything that kept me human, as you said, Minxie."

"I really don't know much about you, Sasuke," He continued. "But I know that Sakura, Naruto, and Minxie would risk everything for you... To keep the bond you all share alive... In the name of friendship. I still don't really understand it... But I think you do, Sasuke."

Sasuke's gaze broke away from me, and I let out a small, inaudible gasp. "Yeah... I did. That's why I cut them off," He said darkly. "I have different bonds now. The bond of hatred between my older brother and me... Personal ties cause confusion. Precious memories only make you weak."

I tried not to scoff at the irony of his words. If only he knew how close I was to his brother, and how much more amazing his brother was. How much better Itachi was. How Itachi wasn't the bad guy.