The Group's Fatal Decision

"How many hits can a good girl take?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I wasn't sure how long we all stood there, taking what Kiba had said in. For a while, no one really knew what to say. I wasn't sure how I wanted to react. Should I yell? Should I cry? I didn't know what to do. All I knew was that I was angry as hell.

"What do you mean... Danzo issued a decree permitting Sasuke's... Disposal?" Even I was aware of how venomous my voice sounded.

"I'm not really sure, either," Kiba answered quietly, looking at me with sad eyes.

"It means that they can't wait until Lady Tsunade recovers... And that's not unreasonable," Kakashi-sensei stated. "Regardless of what we think... Sasuke's a rogue shinobi. Normally, we of Konoha would be doing everything we can to erase him. Lady Tsunade's benevolence was the only thing allowing us to settle this privately..."

"... No," I said, shaking my head. "This will not happen. I refuse to let this happen. I'm going to talk to Danzo."

"So am I," Sakura agreed quickly, determination in her green eyes.

"Girls, wait!" Kakashi-sensei said, placing a hand each of our shoulders, "Your barging over there won't solve anything."

"But how dare they decide this when Lady Tsunade's not even conscious!?" Sakura exclaimed, outraged. "And about Sasuke too!"

"You can't honestly expect us to say silent, sensei," I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

"There's no way we're going to do that," Naruto said. "I'll go, too."

"Calm down, all three of you," Kakashi-sensei ordered. "This is the one time you need to stay cool and collected."

"How the hell are we supposed to stay cool!?" Naruto shouted. "I'm not letting them go after Sasuke!"

Kakashi-sensei held him back, "I said wait! Danzo's already anticipated your exact reaction. So you go see him. Then what?"

"We're going to ask him to change his decision about Sasuke!" Naruto answered. "We won't be violent!"

"Speak for yourself," I snorted.

"Minxie," Kakashi-sensei warned, giving me a flat look.

"What? I'm not going to pretend like Danzo and I are best friends. He tried to keep me imprisoned," I deadpanned. "I don't give a damn if he's Hokage. I still can't stand him, and if he doesn't change his decison about Sasuke quietly, I'll make him do it."

"You really think he'll just change his mind?" He inquired. "It may be just the lords' appointment, without the Jonin assembly's vote of confidence yet, but Danzo is Hokage. Play this wrong, and you'll be thrown in prison again. This time, he'll be sure to keep you there."