Itachi's Death

"But since it falls unto my lot, that I should rise, and you should not. I'll gently rise, and I'll softly call. Goodnight and joy be with you all."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"All right," Kakashi-sensei said, hopping onto a roof not too far from the woods. "Stop here."

We all followed his directions, jumping onto the roof after him.

"This'll be our starting point," He said. "We'll search around a five kilometer radius. If we don't find anything, we'll move the starting point and start the search again."

"Five kilometers? We won't be able to communicate from that far away!" Sakura objected. "If you go by the book, a minimum of two people patrol like this. In case of an enemy attack-"

"My God, you talk a lot," Scarlett groaned, and I had to say, I agreed with her.

Sakura glared at her, but my Doppleganger was unaffected by it.

"Do you really think Kakashi would bring us all the way out here unprepared?" Scarlett inquired, raising an eyebrow.

Kakashi-sensei stared at her. "Was that a compliment?"

"You ratted me out to Ryuu," She said flatly. "You don't get compliments. Now, on with the mission."

He sighed, but he continued on. He slammed his hand to the ground, and before us appeared eight ninja dogs, Pakkun included.

"For safety measures, each person gets two ninja dogs," He said.

"But there aren't enough..." Sakura stopped talking when Scarlett glared at her.

Dogs joined Sakura, Shino, and Sai: two for each person. However, no dogs went over to Naruto and I.

"What about Minxie and I?" Naruto asked loudly.

"You and Minxie are targets," Kakashi-sensei explained. "In case we encounter any Akatsuki, you'll be escorted by Yamato and Hinata, as well as Bull, my largest ninja hound."

"Do you think it's smart to have Naruto and Minxie together?" Sai asked. "They're both targets. It's like inviting the Akatsuki to join them."

"You make a good point, but the only way that Minxie and Naruto will function with the threat of the Akatsuki looming over them is if they know that the other's okay. Besides... That's what we have Scarlett for," He said, turning to my Doppelganger. "Change your eye color so you'll look a hundred percent like Minxie. You'll travel with me. If they track Minxie, you'll confuse the signal and lead them astray."

"Oh, goody," Scarlett said sarcastically. She sighed, but in a few seconds, her eyes changed to emerald green.

"Kiba and I will only have one dog, since we're used to working with them," Kakashi-sensei continued. "Everyone, our first priority is finding Sasuke. Locate and track his scent. Next is the Akatsuki. No matter who you find, so long as you find someone... Confirm their location and meet back at this spot. Got it?"

We all nodded, determination in our eyes.

"All right... Go!" Kakashi-sensei commanded, and we all scattered to find Sasuke.

~*~

Only fifteen minutes after we'd started our search, someone had followed us. Their presence was vaguely familiar, but I knew it wasn't Akatsuki.

"You all know what to do, right?" Yamato-sensei inquired lowly to us.

"Yeah," Naruto, Hinata, and I said in unison. Yamato spun around, throwing many shuriken and kunai at the tree branch, where our follower was standing.