The Deal

"A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My eyes fluttered open, and I instantly shut them again. The sun had been shining too brightly into my room.

It took a few moments for my eyes to adjust to the brightness. I looked next to me, and I instantly began smiling.

I leaned over and placed a soft kiss on Gaara's lips, knowing he wasn't really sleeping. His eyes opened instantly, his seafoam green gaze landing on me.

"Good morning," I greeted happily, smiling at him.

"Morning," He muttered, planting a kiss on my forehead. He looked at my balcony, noticing the sunlight streaming down on it. "I'd better get going. Temari and Kankuro should be waking up soon, and I need to be there when they do."

"Temari and Kankuro aren't going to be up yet," I said easily. "It's way too early. Not even Kimi gets up at this unholy hour, and she's like... This really creepy morning person."

"So you do want me to stay, then?" He inquired.

"Of course I do," I said. "I mean, no one's even up yet- Oh, holy Lord." My eyes widened as I heard shuffling from next door, which just so happened to be Ryuu's room.

Now, I'm going to be honest here. If Ryuu realized that my boyfriend had just so casually appeared into my room at night, he would have a heart attack and probably never let me out of his sight again. I didn't think Gaara deserved to be on Ryuu's "Must Die" list so soon.

"Okay, forget I said that," I said quickly, sitting up. "You need to leave. Like now. As in two seconds kind of now."

He sat up with me. "What's wrong?"

"Dude, my brother's in the next room! If he finds out that you're here, he'll-"

"Minxie?" Ryuu's voice inquired from the other side of the door, knocking. "Can I come in?"

"Eek!" I squeaked, rolling off of the bed and landing on the floor.

"Uh... Sis? Are you okay?" My brother asked.

"Holy chizz!" I whispered, turning to Gaara. "Disappear! Now!"

"I just don't get it. I haven't met your brother yet. Why not let him get to know me now?" the redhead inquired.

"He can't get to know you while you're in my bedroom, for Pete's sake! He'll hate you!" I exclaimed. "That paints a terrible picture!"

"Uh, Minxie?" Ryuu inquired. "Who are you talking to?"

"My imaginary friend!" I blurted quickly. "His name is... Roberto!"