Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

It wasn’t his fault.

Footsteps outside, and we both froze up. Still on edge, but soon relaxed when Ty’s voice was heard. “Alpha? Luna?” he spoke, his nose sniffing hard as he walked into the barn. His eyes widened as he looked at us both, rushing over and hesitating before speaking. “He escaped, how?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t been able to make contact with anyone, but he was here waiting when we returned. He still out there?” Judd asked, now oozing authority.

“Yes. Dead and cold,” Ty answered, glancing back at the door. His hands reached for his shirt and he lifted it off his body. “Luna, if the Alpha doesn’t mind. Please put this on, Theo is on his way with a couple others. You should be covered if it would make you more comfortable?”

I looked at Judd, searching for his approval, he nodded and gave my thigh a gentle squeeze as I reached for the shirt and slid it over the top of my head. It covering what needed to be covered. “Thank you,” I croaked, my hands shaking as I heard the others arriving.

“Luna, you should be taken to the pack doctor. You’re in bad shape,” Ty said, his eyes roaming my face.

“No. I’m not leaving him,” I said panicking at the thought of being alone again.

“I will take her tomorrow,” Judd spoke, looking agitated. “I need a hand to get up, fucking bastard really fucked me up. He’s lucky he’s dead.”

Ty bending down, helped Judd standing. When he was on his two feet, Judd lunged into his black wolf and sprinted out of the shed. Theo walking in, he looked nothing like the cocky man who teased me often.

He was angry, furious as he stood completely naked along with the three other men who followed behind him. “Luna, are you alright?” he asked, rushing over and inspecting my cuts and gazes.

“I’m not sure,” I frowned, whispering in a daze. “I killed him.”

All of their eyes widened. “You killed Michael?” Theo asked, astounded. “Out there? You did that to him?”

“He was going to kill me. I had to protect my mate,” I was talking on auto pilot. My body feeling that daze of sleep again.

“He tried to fucking rape her!” Judd snarled behind them all. Standing naked as he walked over, his body looked as good as before. No signs of cuts or a gaping hole where the rod was lunged through. “He did this to her, she’s a bloody mess. For the past three hours all I could hear was her screams and fighting him off. Now, I want to know how the fuck he got out when he was meant to be chained up and unable to move!”

“Two of our men are dead, he snapped their necks. My guess is Valerie got to them somehow, she’s still down there. I checked on that.” Theo said, responding immediately.

“She’s going to suffer, if she played any part of this then I will have her death be slow and painful,” Judd snarled, his front pressed against mine as he held me closely. His fingers intertwining up through my tangled web of a messed up hair and inhaling. I could feel him relaxing slowly as he did so. “Mine.”

“Yours,” I breathed out.

“What do you want us to do with the body Alpha?” Gregory asked, looking somewhat nervous.

Ty spoke up. “Burn it, we’ll do that once they leave. Alpha is taking Luna home, she doesn’t need to be here for this.”

“Did you really kill him?” Gregory asked again, eyeing me cautiously.

Judd cleared his throat. “She did.”

“Well done Luna, nice kill,” my eyes flicked to Gregory’s confused. Nice kill? I just offered him a smile. Now wasn’t the time to be reminiscing about killing someone with my bare hands.

Judd changed back into his wolf. Leaning forwards until his belly lay to the ground, he tilted his head and motioned for me to climb on his back.

Slowly, I climbed up and straddled his hairy body. My fingers holding onto his fur tightly as he moved into standing all fours position. My eyes held tightly shut as we walked outside the barn. I didn’t want to see the body lying dead. That was an image I could never forget. Taking off into the paddock, I clung for my life as Judd ran back to the house. It wasn’t a slow trip, and I could see why being a wolf had its advantages.

It had me wondering, if wolves were so fast. Then why could I outrun Michael when he was changed?

Coming to a stop out the front of the house, I climbed off Judd’s back and stood still beside him as he shifted back. His eyes gazing all over the house and the door that had been flung from the hinges. I sighed and went to step forwards, getting ready to go inside.

Judd’s hand capturing mine. “No. We’re not staying here tonight, we’ll go to my parents if you’re ok with that?”

“I am,” I said a little too quickly, not wanting to go back in that house. I then gasped. “Peppa, please you need to bring her too!”

“She’s still here?” Judd asked bewildered. “I figured she’d have been mauled to death.”

“She took off, I think she’s alive. Please, I just want to take her and go. I want a bath, I need to wash and clean myself,” I begged, my eyes filling with water again as I clung to him. Not wanting to let him go.

“Ok baby. Let’s get Peppa and some of our things then we’ll leave,” he smiled weakly and then let out a sigh as he kissed the top of my head. “Elle, I need you to show me. I need to see what he did to you, what you did to him.”

“Judd,” I forced down the cry I almost made. “It was awful. You’ll hate me, be disgusted with me.”

“Elle, I couldn’t be more proud of you right now. You saved my life, and killed a rogue wolf. Disgust is something I would never feel about you,” he smiled, this time it wasn’t so forced.

Staring up into his gorgeous but tired eyes, I smiled back and wrapped my arms around his waist. I was more than relieved to have him standing in front of me, safe and healed. Mostly, untouched by the woman who was wanting her paws all over my mate.

She could act innocent, play dumb and pretend to not have a clue about anything that had gone on, but deep down I knew she was up to something. That she had a big part in all of this happening, and I was going to find out exactly what that was.

I may be human, but it’s gone to show. Don’t fuck with me and my emotions when I’m angry and on a jealous rampage.