Chapter Twenty Seven

Comincia dall'inizio

“How?” He asked shocked.

Looking at him, I could see the worry in his eyes. I had to look away, ashamed of what he might feel for me now. Knowing that I killed another wolf, something he is. “I don’t know. I was so angry and then the next thing I knew, I had a rake through his stomach and was on his back snapping his neck.”

“Fuck. I need you to get the phone on the wall above me, call Ty,” he groaned again, pointing above his head.

I looked up and spotted the mobile sitting there. “Did you, I mean how did you get down here? What did he do to you?”

“Injected me with a paralysis drug, I couldn’t move anything except my arms. There was no way I’d have been able to shift, or even get up the front stairs to the house. I figured getting down here, calling Ty for help was my only option. Pretty fucking stupid of me,” he slammed his fist to the ground. “You could have been killed, raped and fuck knows what else.”

I sighed sadly. “I felt like my heart was being carved out, I thought you were really with her Judd. He kept saying it over and over.”

“You felt exactly what I felt when the rod went into my side and the needle pierced into my hip. Even if she were here, I would have killed her before she ever lay a hand on me. Elle, it’s impossible for me to have sex with another woman. Firstly, my dick wouldn’t get hard and secondly, I would never be in a position for that to happen. You’re the only woman for me. The only one.” Swallowing, he slumped his head against the posts. “Call Ty, then I need you to help me get up so I can shift. I’ll heal then.”

I warily nodded, afraid that something else was going to happen. Every little noise I heard was like a needle dropping in a dead silent room. I could hear absolutely everything. Judd’s hands never left my body as I stood beside him, scrolling the phonebook and pressing Ty’s name.

He answered on the second ring. “Alpha.”

Shakily, I spoke back. “It’s… It’s Elle, we’re in the barn. You need to get here now.”

He didn’t answer, all I heard was the line going dead and I looked back down at Judd. His face looking as though he had aged ten years in a matter of hours. It was dark outside, the sun set and night growing cooler.

Putting the phone aside, I squatted down. The adrenaline my body had been in was rapidly fading and the pain of the physical abuse setting in. Every part of me ached, I didn’t want to look in a mirror and see what I was looking like. The pain across Judd’s face as he stared at me, stroking me cheek with his unconditional love was enough to tell me I was a wreck.

“How do I help you up?” I asked softly as I rested my forehead to his.

“I don’t know. I’m afraid to hurt you even more, you’re so bruised and going to feel so much pain tomorrow. You won’t heal as fast as others, I’m so sorry Elle. I’m so sorry,” he said, breaking down and burying his face into the crook of my neck. A grown man crying in my arms as he blamed himself for the pain I was going through, the pain I had gone through.