Chapter 53- If you want to know everything

I am sitting in a tutor room, after school the following Thursday when Kyle walks in. And to say it is awkward is an understatement. I haven't spoken to him since the kiss. And I have no idea where we stand. I am in love with Chase. I am happy with him. But I care about Kyle. Don't get me wrong. I am not in love with him or anything. But he is my friend. Or was my friend. And I really want to get back to that.

"Hi." I say awkwardly.

He pauses, looking unsure how to behave. "Hi." He mumbles not looking me in the eye. He walks over and sits in the seat next me, pulling his math books out of his bag.

"I-"we both start at the same time. We laugh.

"You go first." He says.

"No, you go."

He takes a deep breath as if trying to buy time. "About the kiss... I don't know what came over me. You were right. You did tell me a lot about what was going on. I guess what I am trying to say is that... the kiss was kind of... like a goodbye." He stutters out.

Thinking back to the kiss, I thought about how it felt. And how it felt was final. Like closure. Goodbye. To the end of our relationship. But maybe this could lead to the start of our friendship.

"So what does that mean?" I finally respond, looking into his eyes.

"It means I am sorry about accusing you, and... I want... I want to be friends. If that's okay with you?" he rambles nervously.

"I would like that." I grin.

"So should we get to work?" he says moving on from the conversation.

"Sure."

We get on with math for a while. It still feels like another language but one that I can speak the basics in.

We walk out the rec building together laughing about a funny video we saw on Facebook when we bump into a very confused looking Chase.

"What's going on?" Chase asks me with his jaw clenched.

"Not much." Kyle answers instead. "Again free period tomorrow?" he asks me, I nod as he leaves.

"Why are you hanging out with Kyle?" Chase asks me looking like a mixture of confused and pissed.

"We are friends." I shrug not really seeing why I should bother telling him about the kiss.

"Friends? Since when? He hardly speaks to me and we are roommates!"

"Since today. And it is probably easier to forgive me than you because you guys have been best friends for years. It had only known him for just over a month." I explain.

"What were you guys doing?" he looks at me curiously.

"He was tutoring me." Chase raises his eyebrow. "I am failing math. If I don't pass, I can't graduate."

"Why didn't you tell me?" he looks more hurt than mad.

"I didn't want to worry you."

"You need to stop keeping things to yourself."

"Chase! I am not used to having someone to share everything with. I have never had anyone! I'm sorry if I don't think to share every single thing going on. It was the way I was raised." I say angrily.

"Your right. I'm sorry. I understand that you were brought up keeping things to yourself. I just wish you would share things with me. Talk to me more."

"Well it's not going to happen overnight. So stop trying to force it." I start to walk away from him, once I am slightly further away from him I turn one last time. "If you want to know everything. I am not going to be here in spring break. I will be busy filming. I am playing the lead in Immortal Secrets!" I say before storming off before I see his reaction.

***

Here is a new one :) please comment and vote!