Chapter 26- One Stupid Drunken Night

The first thing I notice is the pounding in my head. It feels like someone has found a hammer and has continued to bash my head with it. I try to open my eyes but the harsh light made it worse. I try laying as still as possible. The thought of any sudden movement made my stomach churn. After a couple more minutes I try again to slowly pry my eyes open. What the hell did I get up to last night? I try to turn over but my body got caught on something. Looking down I see an arm around my waste. Uh Oh. I now realise that I am completely naked. I look over my shoulder and see Chase snoring softly next to me. Shit. What have I done?

I nudge Chase awake. "Chase. Wake up."

"Ugh." He groans. "10 more minutes."

"Chase! It's me. You need to leave before my mom gets here." He suddenly shoots up fully awake.

"Hope?" he looks at me confused. It takes him a few seconds to put two and two together. "Shit. Did we?"

I nod, then I stand up taking the top layer of sheets with me to cover myself. "Look. This never happened okay? It was just one stupid drunken night okay? That's it." I see the hurt in his eyes but I don't have time to worry about that right now.

"What about Kyle?" he starts getting dressed.

"He cannot know." I sigh.

"He is my best friend. And your boyfriend. We can't keep this from him."

I walk over to him. "Please Chase?" I beg.

"Fine. For now."

"Thank you." I sigh.

"So now what?" he looks at me.

"We just act like this never happened. As far as we or anyone else knows you went back to your hotel and I slept here. Alone. No one knows."

"Okay. So I am going to go before anyone notices that I was here." I nod and he leaves and I head to the shower.

After packing all my stuff I meet Ben outside. He looks almost as bad as I feel. We are both wearing a pair on sunglasses to help reduce the effects of a hangover.

"Hey. Where did you guys runoff to yesterday?"

I freeze. "Back to the hotel. Not together. I mean he left and I went to bed. Alone." I stutter.

Well that wasn't obvious. I think to myself sarcastically. Ben seems to tell that there was more to the story, but he lets it go.

"Okay, let's go." We get into his Ferrari and head to the airport. "Did you see your mom last night?"

"Nope. Didn't see her this morning either." Thank god. Chase leaving my bedroom would have been hard to explain.

We arrive at the airport and get out of the car to fetch my bags.

"I am gonna miss you." Ben hugs me. "Keep in touch okay?" I nod. "And don't forget about your destiny."

I laugh. "I will miss you too." I kiss him on the cheek and say goodbye.

After checking in, I am waiting for my flight at the gate when my phone chimes.

Kyle: Hey, just wanted to say have a good flight, cant wait to see u later! Miss u! Xxx

I feel sick. What have I done? I am just as bad as Alex. I cheated on him with his best friend! If he ever found out he would never forgive me.

***

I am walking over to our usual table at breakfast on Monday morning still feeling pretty hungover. After I got back last night I headed straight to my dorm, unpacked and went to bed so I didn't get a chance to see anyone. Well, to be honest I was too nervous to see anyone. I was worried that just by looking at me they would somehow know that I did something wrong.