Chapter 37- Band Practice

It's been almost three weeks since we formed our plan and life has been exhausting. Ben has been staying in a hotel in Myrtle Beach so that he can help out with the recording. Greg, Dan, Chloe, Matt and I have been practicing whenever we can but it can sometimes be difficult with the boy's football practices. Gracewood made it into the Championships and the last game is this Friday. In between that Simon and Emily have been tutoring me. Or should I say torturing me? We have exams coming up next week which will decide my fate on whether or not I will be here next semester. Ben and Chase have been spending a lot of their free time in the studio where we have been recording at nearby. Anna has been acting as my personal stylist and is getting prepared to do a shoot, to make the album cover, which we will do this weekend.

Ty has had the hardest job though. Finding GG. It turns out that Tyler had a secret too. He is a tech genius. He has amazing hacking skills but he use to get into trouble a lot so he sort of quit with the whole computer thing. Chase only knew about all of this because Kyle told him when they were still friends. Ty has been spending a lot of time re-acquainting himself with his laptop. So far no luck on finding GG.

Right now I was on my way to band practice to work on one of the final songs during free period. We just had a few quirks to sort out and then we would be ready to record it this evening after football practice. This was the last time we could do any recording because the guys needed to prepare for the Championship Game and we all needed to study for our exams next week.

"Hey guys! Last band practice!" I announce excitedly. We were rehearsing in the band room in the music block of building D.

"We better get to work then." Matt grins jumping up onto the small stage.

I jump up and join them. "Okay guys. Should we start from the beginning and do a run through? Then we can see which bits need fixing." They nod in agreement and we begin.

I am halfway through the song when I see someone through the small window in the door. I continue singing whilst trying to work out who it is but they are too far away to tell. The band finishes up about 45 minutes later and they all pack up.

"You coming to class?" Chloe asks.

"I will be there in a sec. I just need to work something out. See you later!" I call out to them as they leave.

I have one more song I want to add to the album. I have been working on a song for a while but I can't seem to finish it. I go over to the piano and start to play the melody I have had stuck in my head for the last week. I just haven't quite worked out the lyrics yet. I start to get so into the song, thinking about all the highs and lows I have been through recently and how all these secrets have made my life such a mess.

I continue playing until I notice the bell go and I rush off, late for math. God, I hate math.

***

Here is another short chapter but there is much more to come!

Please comment and vote! x