Chapter 4

*Ring*

Groan.

*Ring, ring*

Groan.

*Ring*

I groaned one last time before opening my eyes slowly.

Who the hell is calling me a Sunday morning at 8:30 a.m?

I sighed incorporating myself as i tended to grab my phone placed on top of my bedside table.

"Yeah?" I spoke as i pressed my phone to my ear mentally cursing whoever decided to annoy me at such a early hour in the morning.

No person spoke from the other side of the phone, only a deep breathing.

I rolled my eyes, someone decided to be a joker this morning.

"If it's some kind of joke it's not funny" I grumbled before hanging up the phone.

I took five minutes of just relaxing sitting on the edge of my soft bed.

Then i stood making my way to the bathroom to clean my face and comb my so messed hair.

Walking towards the kitchen i heard the tv, dad was awake.

"Hi Dad" I faintly smiled as i walked over to the toaster.

He scrolled trough some tv channels until the news came out.

I placed two toast on a plate and i sat infront of my father gesturing him to get one.

"Thanks..." He mumbled picking the one that was closer to him.

I stared at his dizzy movements due to his after effects with the alcohol, commonly known as a hangover.

"News flash, The local police has found a dead body around Oakwood street in Venice, the body was stabbed various times at the back, chest and abdominal section. The body has been identified by the police, the victim is a twenty one year old man called Daniel Garcia, A neighbor of the area found the body when he was coming back from work, there is no information about the murderer yet but the police is checking the zone and asking residents near the area..."

My toast dropped from my hand to the floor as I turned to the tv where a photo of Danny appeared.

Horror took over my body as it shook it like if an earthquake was taking place.

"Sweety are you ok? The raspy voice coming from my dad snapped me back from my thoughts.

"I need to go to the bathroom" I stood, walking towards the room with my eyes pinned to the floor.

Closing the door behind me i gazed myself in the mirror.

I stared at myself as my eyes filled with tears letting all the pain out.

How? Who killed Danny?

My mind couldn't just accept that he was gone, Danny is dead, he is not coming back, he is a cold dead corpse now...

I placed my hand against my mouth to avoid any maddening scream as my dad was already banging on the door asking me the same question he asked just seconds ago.

"Dad Im ok, just period!" I managed to lie without any breaks in my voice.

I heard him sighing before the noise of his steps decreasing in tone left me with my pain and silence.

I ran my hand trough my hair pulling it at the ends.

I exhaled and inhaled oxygen a few times with my eyes closed.

"This can't be happening..." Another tear rolled down my left cheek.

My sudden phone ringtone woke me up from my tears.

I stayed still not daring to make a move, i wasn't mentally stable to talk to anyone at the moment.

But the other person wasn't going to give it up whoever it was, two minutes passed and the person was still aiming to me to pick the phone up.

I frowned my eyebrows sliding my phone out of my pocket.

"Unknown number" appeared on the screen of my phone.

My curiousity for that persistence made me press the accept button.

"Yeah? Who is this?" Trying to fake a cheered tone i placed my phone against my left ear still with my gaze on my reflection.

"Katrina! Hey how are you?" The unmistakable Justin's husky voice asked through the other line.

I sat on the closed toilet tap before answering.

"Good... thanks, how are you?"

Tucking a lock of hair behind my ear I wiped the tears left on my face.

"Katrina are you lying?" He whispered making me to frown again.

How does he know that? I probably suck at hiding the pain.

"Well, not really its just~" I tried to make up a lie but his raspy voice cut me from doing so.

"I saw the news today..."

I gulped biting my bottom lip, thankfully he couldn't see me or my messed face due to the incessant tears.

"Katrina lets meet, the best you can do now is let it all out and be with someone who can console you, it's not your fault"

He was right, there was nothing better i could do. His aims made me feel comfortable for a second.

"Ok" I muttered rubbing my right tight with my free hand.

"Ill pick you up in a few minutes!" He hastened before hanging up the phone.

But he doesn't know my direction how is he going to find me?