X.

A/n: so what do you think so far? Is it too boring or slow? Too much mystery and the like? Please don't be a silent reader! It would really mean a lot to me if you leave a comment or a vote! 😭❤

A penny for your thoughts maybe? :)

============================

"When did I die?" She asked with a sullen look on her face. It was kind of funny, asking me when her death was when she was physically with me.

"13th of July, 2005."

"Does that mean, I was supposed to die yesterday?"

I nodded, "But you didn't ask the question so I guess it was postponed or maybe even canceled. I'm just happy time is moving forward again." I sighed, looking at the calendar.

14th of July, 2005.

Time runs once again.

Now what?

"You basically lived the same day over and over?" She started again while she fiddled with her fingers. She only does that when she's guilty or nervous about something.

"Yeah."

"Was it tiring?"

"Yeah."

"Was I tiring?"

I looked her at her for a moment.

"No, you weren't." I answered and she smiled gratefully.

"Thank you for not giving up on me."

After our heart-to-heart talk, we went back to my house to rest since her mom might get mad at her for skipping school.

"Here." I gave her a mug of hot chocolate since the weather was getting chilly. It was a rainy season at this time of the month.

"Thank you." She took a sip from the mug. The look of satisfaction on her face was priceless.

I should make this for her often.

"Can I ask?"

She snapped out of her thoughts, looking at the mug. "Wh..What is it?"

"You're the only one I can ask for now." I pulled out my phone and showed her the jumbled letters I received from an unknown number.

"Wow. Maybe it was just some wrong send message." She suggested, reading the text again. "But..."

I raised a brow, "But what? You got something?"

"I think I might know what this means. I mean, it's a matter of common sense sometimes. I tried some basic decoding methods on this one." She explained, getting a piece of paper and pen from her school bag.

She scribbled down the text message on it and said, "I just simply changed each letter to the one before it in the alphabet."

I pointed, "Like Z is to Y? Or B is to A?"

She nodded, giving me a thumbs-up. "Exactly. The meaning of the message is....this."

Message: YOU WILL NEVER GET AWAY.

We turned to look at each other, getting the chills in the back of our necks.

"Get away from what exactly?" She asked.

"Maybe you're right. It was sent to me by accident." I tried to reason but somehow, my heart was beating so hard in my chest like this message was meant for me.

She held my hand in hers in comfort, "Yoongi, if anything happens to you, I can't forgive myself. I've caused you so much trouble all this time. Because of me...you never got to see another day besides me dying every time."

I was silent for a few minutes before speaking again. "Maybe that's what the message meant."

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe I'll never get away from you."