IX.

The question never came that day.

I don't know what will happen now.

My alarm still went off at 6 AM but I was awake before that.

Did the curse end?

Or will it still repeat?

I was in no mood to get up on my comfortable bed that day. I was not sure.

What if she didn't disappear this time?

I looked at her picture on my night stand. She was still there. Maybe it was my assurance that the curse was still happening.

My phone beeped. A text message.

From: Unknown Number

ZPVXJMMOFEWSHFUBXBZ

"Huh?" I stared in confusion but decided not to think too much about it so I lied down again.

She wasn't entering my house today.

Maybe she's at school waiting but I'm sure she's going to go hunt for me here sooner or later.

It still struck my mind what made her kill herself. A question that will never have an answer because she was gone. Well, she's still here technically, living again and again.

I can't possibly ask her in this cursed state. She might be convinced to kill herself more. That's not a good move.

Why?

What made her do it?

"Shit, I'm so fucking exhausted. I want to die." I muttered to myself.

Wait, what if she was tired of something too?

Tired of living?

Tired of being happy?

Snapping out of these thoughts, I distracted myself and dressed myself in civillian clothes. I won't go to school for today.

I got on my bike and rode with apeed that I never imagined myself reaching. I was curious about what happened.

Did anything change?

I stood by the school gate, watching her from afar.

She indeed looked different.

Dull and lifeless.

"Hey, you okay? Want to go to the clinic?" A friend asked her.

She didn't reply. She just stared into space.

She practically looked dead.

I didn't care but I walked towards her and made her face me by surprise. She didn't seem fazed about it but she looked at me. "Yoongi.."

"What's wrong with you? Are you stupid?" I squeezed her arm making her whine.

"Stop, Yoongi. It hurts." She cried out to me, prying my hand off her.

I pulled her out of the school and we went into an empty alleyway where I pushed her into.

"Why are you mad at me? What did I do to you?" She massaged the part where I squeezed hard.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm fucking mad at myself. I feel like shit not saving you the day before you died that day. It still hunts me until now." My voice shook as I spoke to her. I was aware of my eyes getting teary because she wanted to touch me and comfort me.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you already died. You fucking disappeared when you asked what I would do if you were gone one day. But I told you that many people would look for you so I didn't worry." I sobbed, covering my face with my hands.

"It kept repeating and repeating. I lost count of the days, months, or even years that my alarm went off at 6 am. The day would always end by you asking the same fucking question. It fucking kills me. It makes me fucking guilty. It's my fucking fault you died." I went down, kneeling in front of her.

She started to cry, understanding a bit of what I'm going through. She was still confused but I opened up to her. "Yoongi..I didn't know. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.."

"You don't know how much regret I feel every single day that it goes like forever." She wrapped me in her arms. "At the beginning of each day, I am always happy but when it ends, you disappear. I don't want you to go. I'm so tired of seeing you go." I held onto her tightly.

"I won't. I promise I won't disappear again." She assured me with a shaking voice.

I cried out silently, "Don't leave me anymore."

"I need you..." I begged.