FEI HUNG

She gave herself no less than ten minutes, that's it as she stood in front of the steps of the gothic palace watching Xian, Wan and Nikita hovered frantic, bickering with ways to rescue their master back.

Planning, execution, and more planning – hardly paying attention to her as though she doesn't exist at all.

Ying Yue knew she is not a member of their crew, merely their master's human lover, a pet and she had not expected them to warm up to her, she is mortal after all and they're demons. They each hated their kinds equally.

While the sentinels discussed a clean and planned rescue of their master, Ying Yue is determined to get her lover back.

It was a different kind of reason but with the same purpose.

Jungjae made no hesitation driving his sword into her once and every minute passed is a minute of uncertainty. She needed to find out where he's at, she needed to get him back.

Slowly she moved away tracing her steps back to the gate, shuddering as she rubbed her face, she can't waste time, walking out to the dark meadow in the middle of the darkness.

She made her way quietly and undetected to the walls that separated the two worlds from each other.

*****
Back at the human world.

People glance her up and down taking her in, staring at her oversized men's clothing and the veil of dark fabric hiding her head. She wore a black out attire in the middle of the daylight during the torturous beating of the midafternoon sunlight.

Ying Yue was hot, she can feel the air trapped in her clothes and any exposed skin burn under the glare of the sun.

Even the thick sheer coat of fabric isn't enough to protect her from the sun.

She's quickly loosening her strength, hardly prepared for this battle she hastily decided upon taking on.

She can already see it in her mind, the way Banye would incline his head down at her, wanting to scold her, but opting on a non-destructive option. He lets her get away with a lot. She thought.

Ying Yue wandered for a few more days, through the villages and towns turning at random, asking the villagers for direction to the palace.

Her journey was long and the path to the palace was longer on foot than with a horse.

A sort of mental exhaustion began to set in, she'd been wandering for days, taking nutrients from random fruits she came across her travel and water form the rivers.

She decided travel during the night is a better alternative than risking it in daylight.

She took shelter inside the caves, resting during the heap of sunlight and emerged  during the the reign of the night.

She reached the main city where the palace is located, not too long later, only a few miles from the edge where she now stands.

Her robe began to smell by now, but she needed to see him. She needed to meet with Wang Jian and ask him whether he's involved in this, or at least lead her to where Jungjae is.

She's all out of option and Wang Jian is the only person that could help her.

As much as she hated to use him and come to him after everything, he's all that she has at this moment.

She meandered on ahead, settling her wide brim hat tighter on her head hiding her pale face and unnatural eyes from the common people.

She made it to the gates, her once home felt strange.

The palace was bright and colorful. The people, the guards, the commoners all wore bright colored fabrics that burned her eyes.

She'd grown used to the nocturnal aesthetic of the underworld that it felt like she's in an alien land.

She approached the guards. Ying Yue unrecognizable to them with her attire, she was immediately stopped before she can get any closer.

"I came to see the prince." She murmured behind the veil of her dark cloak.

The guards laugh at her, at her audacity declaring her intention to see the prince.

"I'm afraid it not that easy miss. It'll be near impossible to have the prince's audience to tell you the truth."

"No, you need to let me in." She demanded using the voice as if she's still the wangfei of the palace.

"I'm afraid that cannot do." The guard's voice hardened, he glanced at the other guard stationed on the other side of the gate, making silent gesture of understanding.

His mouth twitched and everything about him hardened, the same with the other guy.

"Get out of here, woman. It won't happen."

"Look, I will not tell you again. You are going to have to let me in or you will regret it."

"Leave!" The guard said at once. Pointing the sharp tip of his weapon at her.

"You are going to regret that." She sighed, murmuring her words.

A sudden flash. So inhumanely quick that the guards hardly saw her hands exited her dark robe coming to slam his throat.

He recoiled back, his hand shot to caress his choking neck when Ying Yue knocked him unconscious on the wall, she did the same to the other guard who barely had time to react.

She made her way inside the palace stealthy and unnoticed, heading over to where she and Wang Jian used to share their bed together.

Ying Yue heard him, the soft pattering of his footsteps inside the room. He's there and he's alone. Her heart rate careened to her chest suddenly afraid of what he'd think, what he'd say, how he'd react when he open the door to her.

She catch a steadying breath, trying to calm her racing heart beats. Ying Yue knocked on the door. Softly, slowly, nervously. "Jian..."