UNEXPECTED

The darkness soared and whipped around her in a cloak as the world melted and disappeared. Ying Yue felt nauseated losing her senses trapped in an endless darkness. She clung to Banye tightly, sick at herself for doing so, until the world reappeared, solidifying itself.

The first thing she saw was a long chair pressed on the wall with blankets - unwashed blankets - thrown in disarray. Then the rest of the house greeted her, a clutter of mess scattered on the floor. Kitchen piled with dishes needing to be washed, and a half-eaten bowl of porridge that looked like he'd been saving for later consumption. It was a bachelor's house, unbelievable messy bachelors pad.

Her mouth fell, she expected to land in a prison cell, or some sort of torture chamber, but it seemed Banye had a different plan in mind.

Is this his idea of torture? She wondered keeping her mouth pressed tight.

She felt his grip loosened.

"Welcome to my house." His voice took on a casual tone.

"Your house?" She turned glancing at him. Banye is at least a foot taller and she had never imagined him being so tall, now that he's standing so close to her.

He smiled, a rather gentle smile. Far away from a savage demon reaping havoc at the palace a moment ago. "Were you expecting a palace?"

She felt mocked.

"I was expecting a prison or a torture chamber."

"Sorry to disappoint you, Fei" He smirked and took his hand off completely, stalking to the couch. He flopped with his feet propped up and stretched, yawning as he turned his back away from her. "I know you're a princess and all, but I'm far from being a prince. I cannot give you servants and guards, I'm too poor for that, so you're going to have to do with what I got."

She frowned, wasn't exactly sure what he meant by that. The first thing she did was locate all the knives and possible weapons to arm herself.

Ying Yue stiffened, and began stepping back closer to the first knife she spotted.

Banye gave no warning when he lunged and gripped her arm, snarling softly, he leaned, his abysmal eyes filled with warning. 

She flinched, his touch was delicate, it was lethal, and yet gentle. It was as if he knew he's holding a woman and still made her believe he could break her arm if he wanted.

He let out a soft growl, his face closed in on hers so close that she could smell the honey on his breath. "I wouldn't dare think of anything funny if I were you - unless, you want to find out how dangerous I really am!"

Her breath hitched, and her chest exploded in terror.

Banye loosened a smile, his feral face suddenly looked quite handsome again. "Sorry, about that. That was a little harsh." He let go of her arm and walked over the kitchen, going through the knives and chopsticks and anything dangerous he can find. Killer proofing his house. "I do like my dramatics, it's for good scaring mortals."

He chuckled and vanished all the sharp kitchen utensils with a wave of his hand. "Try not to kill me in my sleep, please."

She rose both her brows, confused.

Banye grinned and rubbed his head messy, waiting for her response. He almost looked normal except Ying Yue couldn't divorce the fact that he is a demon and he is lethal.

"What exactly do you want from me?" She asked carefully.

He shrugged, "well, for one, we did have our bargain, so I will call upon that. Not now though but later."

He sighed and tucked his arms across from each other. He's still dressed in his black robe complimenting his skin. Banye leaned casually on the table. "I was really hoping you'd kill your husband with that gift I gave you, but apparently I misjudged your feelings for him."

He frowned unable to hide his disappointment.

"So you knew I'm the prince's wife when I made that bargain?! You lured me in." Ying Yue did nothing to hide her anger.

He sucked in a deep breath and exhaled. Guilt evident on the way he shifted.

"Well?" She pried.

His eyes turned deadly. "I have my enemies and you are a tool I can use. Only a fool bargains with a demon and you did!"

Her heart sunk, feeling her knees weakened beneath her weight. How foolish she had been, she thought. She was consumed with hatred and darkness that she let a demon lure her and willingly trade her soul.

"Either way, whether I took you for our bargain or I took you because of my grudge against your husband, you're mine and there's no escaping it. So, you might as well get used to..." His eyes circled around his humble - messy- bachelor house - "my house."

He shrugged and finally walked up back to her, his hand grasped her arm softly leading her to the couch. Banye noticed her slight unsteadiness and urged her to sit down. He crouched before her. "I know this is awkward, and this is weird, and you only knew me as my other self but..." His voice plunged in gentle caress. "I will not hurt you, I don't want to hurt you. I've been watching you since you were sixteen. For seven years I observed and kept a close eye on you because you're the prince's wife." He chuckled as the memory of getting fooled came back to him. "I'm actually quite fond of you, I'm happy my hunch was right, because the other girl was a pain in the ass!"

He laughed with relief. "I couldn't wait to return her."

She allowed herself to slump before him, staring at him as though he'd done lost his mind. "Am I trapped in here for the rest of my life?"

He grinned. "A wife for a wife." He said vaguely, leaving the rest for her to interpret.

He uncoiled and stalked over to his bedroom. "I'm taking a nap. Make yourself comfortable. There's food in the pantry. The couch is yours to sleep in until I can get something set up for you."