DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

Ying Yue was exhausted by the time she reached her destination

Ying Yue was exhausted by the time she reached her destination. A tavern just outside the capital of the palace. It's said to host an unusual population of criminals and is popular among non-humans. She is there to meet someone, a demon, to make a bargain. He is said to be powerful enough to grant someone's wishes and desires.

She swept her eyes inside, dark wood beams lined the ceiling. Sconces hung on the walls providing illumination. Loud group of people howled as they downed their drinks. A woman with pointy ears, dressed seductively with linen danced provocatively on stage. She made eye contact with someone with pointed teeth who smiled at her. The atmosphere isn't exactly what she would consider inviting.

"I believe you are here for my services." A smooth voice came from the darkest corner of the room. Ying Yue turned and found a large man covered in cloak. She narrowed her eyes trying to see through the darkness, but the only thing visible to her was the outline of his silhouette.

She sensed danger emanating from him making her stomach twist. But she's also desperate enough to risk her safety.

Bravely, Ying Yue joins him, swallowing her rising fret. She had convinced herself a bargain with a powerful demon was the only way to solve all her problems.

A gleam of devilish smile crept up the stranger's lips as she came closer aware of the jewel he's about to possess. "Please, sit down." He gestured to the chair across from him. "The drink is on me."

She did so obediently, her gaze never leaving him, curious of the demon so willingly ready to make a bargain with her. The stranger chuckled. "Curious, Princess?"

She cleared her throat. "Yes. I've never seen a demon before."

"Well, you're looking at one now."

She frowned. "A shadow doesn't count."

"I assure you, Princess. I'm as solid as I could get." He placed a hand to his chest.

"So you wouldn't mind if you show me your face, then? I'd like to see who I'm bargaining with."

"I'm afraid there is a price for everything."

"And what price would that be?"

"It's a price you may not be able to handle." The demon said quietly.

"Try me."

"I'm afraid I don't just show off my face to anybody."

"And why is that?"

"Because even my face can cause someone to relinquish their soul." He purred.

Hmmm. Arrogant.

Arrogant as he may be. His admission got Ying Yue even more intrigued. She willed her voice to be stern. "Let me see the face I'm bargaining with or there wouldn't be a business exchange."

The demon let out a sigh of defeat. "Don't say I didn't warn you." He pulled the hood from his head.

She gasped and her lips parted. She has heard of stories written of demons before. Their beastly appearance, brute strength and crimes against humans. But nothing could have prepared her for his angelic beauty.

The strange demon sitting across from her was unearthly handsome. He had hair like a raven's feather that draped upon his neck and eyes as deep as the middle of the ocean. A shiver ran down her spine, the longer she stared, the deeper she was ensnared. He's mesmerizing.

The demon blinked, releasing her from his captivity.

Ying Yue closed her eyes, shuddering as she collected herself back together. She shook the thought out of her mind, she came here to make a bargain and not to get ensnared by a demon.

When her eyes opened again, the demon pressed closer. His gorgeous visage assaulted her with their perfection yet again.

Her heart somersault.

The demon focused on the thundering of her heart and chuckled, well aware of the effect he had on her. "Relax, I'm not here to make you uncomfortable." He leaned back. "Shall we carry on with the bargain?"

Ying Yue steeled herself. "Yes, I came to bargain for strength and skill so I may kill my husband."

The demon grinned. "You know the price for a bargain such as that, don't you?"

"Yes, a soul I no longer need."