CRUEL PRINCE, CRUEL LIES

She's finally well enough to leave the bedchamber on her own only to wake up to her maidservant with her head pressed on the floor.

Ying Yue propped herself up on her elbow, lazy eyes drifted to the servant. "Get up," she murmured softly. "How long have you been like that."

The servant lifted her head, but she remained knelt on the floor, her head inclined downwards, and her stare attached to the ground. "The prince assigned four more servants to attend to your needs. They're all waiting outside."

"What would I do with all those servants? There's nothing to do as it is."

The servant slid back to the floor, head pressed on her hands. "Please mistress, let us take care of you."

Ying Yue sighed. She hasn't had this type of luxury in a while, and her privacy was something she value these day. Having five maids following her around would quickly rattle her nerves. "Go, tell him I don't need all the servants."

"Please." The servant's voice a silent beg. "The prince will not be happy if we were to return because you refused us."

"Very well...do what you have to do." Her voice came out strained. "I guess there's no way around it."

The servant rose to her feet, her movement gentle, her eyes remained on the floor as though making eye contact with the princess would get her head removed. She made a halfway turn and sauntered to the door letting the rest of the maidservants in.

They streamed in, carrying a tray of food, her breakfast, a waft of porridge still steaming in the plate and a bowl of fruits more colorful than the summer.

One tended immediately to her grooming. Brushes, elaborate hair pins, and decoration carried on her tray.

Another one has a beautiful hanfu she's carrying delicately.

"Where is the prince?" She asked as she watched the team of maids take over her personal space.

"The prince is having breakfast along with his father and brother."

"I see."

Lord Chua soon walked though the door, his elegant body were like fluid. His muscles, his limbs, moved with grace and with power that he commanded attention from every woman in the room.

His hair was in a tight bun that generously complimented his slanted eyes.

Lord Chua Chanshin is quite a handsome man, that the moans of giggles fanned across the room, making him flush with embarrassment.

Ying Yue greeted him with a luxurious simper. A teasing one. Clearly aware of the soft giggles occupying the bedroom.

"Do you hear that, Chansin?" Her lips pressed on her cup of tea. "I see you're still very popular."

His face grew hotter. "Please stop."

'Why?"

"Because I hate it."

"It's cute when you blush."

"It's not, nobody wants to see a blushing master."

"These girls do..." Her smile brightened while his velvety blush got deeper.

"What're you doing here Chansing? I could imagine Jian scolded you the other day."

"Well...yeah...that." He sighed as the memory came back. "But he also sent me to be your personal guard for today."

"Well that hardly sounds like Jian. He's always so jealous of you."

"I guess he wanted someone strong to take his place when he can't be with you." He groaned, wiping the side of his nose, it was rather boastful even for him.

"Strong?" She parroted the word with a rose of her brow.

"Stop teasing me, Ying Yue before we both get in trouble."

There was a soft chuckle and she took the last bite of her breakfast from her plate.

"Relax, Chanshin. I enjoy watching you squirm."

She later walked down the halls, trailed by her maidservants and Lord Chua towering half a step behind.

The hallways were as busy as she remembered it.

She took several breaths gathering herself as the turning heads and gasps kept coming at her.

She's attracting too much attention.

No one knew the wangfei is back in the palace.

"You're very popular." Lord Chua bent over and whispered to her ear.

"I wish they didn't stare. I hate this kind of attention."

"They'll get used to you soon enough, a few days give or take."

"I hope so."

She hurried across to the open hallway to the more private room and slumped by the wall, her heartrate is a thudding beat.

This was stupid, she thought.

She should have stayed in the bedroom where she could have her privacy, but she started growing bored and after a few days of bed rest, she needed to stretch her frail bones.

She risked a glance around the corner and almost choked in shock.

Everything went still.

She should've known better; how foolish she could have been. Of course, Jian is vile towards her because his concubine must've found out she's been back and Jian had been spending his time with her.

Jian sat on his cushioned seat, Fan, his concubine rested on his lap. His gaze darted on Ying Yue absent of reaction.

His eyes didn't widen, his mouth remained pressed and close, without twitching, without a sneer, nothing at all. Without even an effort to move Fan off his lap while Ying Yue watched with heartbroken stare that she couldn't conceal even if she wanted to.

He just stared at her heartless and cold eyes.

His eyes drifted over to Lord Chua after. A silent conversation, and Ying Yue felt a tug on her arm as he tried to get her out of the room.

She didn't move, she didn't budge. She stayed there staring at her husband and his concubine who is too comfortable on his lap.