DEVASTATINGLY ROMANTIC

She opened her eyes, the same darkness hit her, it was dark in the bedroom, taking her minutes to realize where she was. She's no longer in the field or the small house asleep in her small couch. She was taken back to the same luxurious bedroom she wandered in earlier.

She stared into the darkness, lost with what to do until she felt a shift, the mattress groaned, and the weight seemed to shift beside her. Then warmth, his overheating body poured over the layer of her clothing keeping her warm. "You're awake," he said. "I was starting to worry."

Ying Yue scowled, it was Banye with his sleeping trouser, chest bare beside her. It took a lot of effort not to sucker punch him and leaped out of the bed.

The nerve of this guy!

"Why you!" She began a cry of protest, but he hushed her with the sweetest tenderness. "Shhh...it's been a long day for both of us." He purred.

His big hand slid under and over her, splayed on her stomach and tugging her against his broad chest. His legs tangled with hers, then the heavy heating darkness fell on both, lending them comfort.

'What're you doing, demon?" She growled squirming away from him, but his arms were like steel, and it's futile to even think she could get away from him.

She lifted her arm, but Banye guided it back down. "Just calm down, I won't do anything else to you. I just wanted you beside me."

"This is hardly beside you, you're smothering me!" She hissed.

He purred and kissed her ear.

"You were keeping me in that small house." 

"I was." 

"Why?"

"I wanted to give us a chance, I didn't want to bring you directly to the palace right away." 

"Why?"

"Because, I knew how you'll see me, how you'll look at me if you knew I was the prince of Darkness. I wanted to present myself as someone normal. I thought I'll have a better chance with you warming up to me that way."

She fell into another silence, she moved her hand, her eyes gliding in the darkness, Ying Yue could barely see anything.

"Fei..." He crooned.

"What is it?"

"Please try not to think so vile of me."

"Why?"

Banye gritted his teeth to a smile, tightening his arms around her. "I don't know whether you're being playful or you're testing my nerves, but I'm telling you right now, it isn't going to work on me."

Ying Yue tried not to smile, she had been testing his patience. "So, who's the demon chick? She half strangled me with her lasso earlier."

A mild chuckle, and Banye squirmed around pulling her to the mold of his body. "That would be Nikita, she's lethal. I had her guarding the premises just in case you find your way out." He purred, his warm breath gliding up and down the contour of her neck.

Ying Yue slapped her neck, annoyed at the tickling sensation of his warm breath.

Banye groaned in laughter. "You have no idea how much I could make you squirm with just my hot breath."

She kicked his sheen and Banye flinched, groaning in pain from the impact of the ball of her foot making contact on his hard bone. "Ouch!" Though that didn't deter him from getting back at what he's doing. "I must say, I left my door free and unlocked for you just to wander in. So, what took you so long?"

"Don't get the wrong idea." She snarled softly. "I was having my suspicion."

"Ah, I see, and I have been doing an excellent job distracting your thoughts from him lately." He let out a satisfied purr.

Ying Yue shifted, sliding away from his steely grip. "Do you honestly expect me to sleep beside you?"

His steel arms flew out. "Only if you want to."

She chuckled with disbelief, "I woke up beside you bare-chested fool!"

He grinned, a little too playful, obviously enjoying her fret. He shifted, the satin blanket slid off his chest, showing off his strong chest.

Ying Yue forced herself to a stony face, giving him no satisfaction of her reaction. "Put some clothes on! You wife snatching demon!"

He crooned. "How cruel, don't your mother taught you not to be calling other people names."

"Hush, don't your mother told you not to be snatching humans?!" She spun around, hard feet stomping away from his room. She opened the door, walking out of the hallway only for a sudden vertigo to slam her dizzy.

Banye hissed with laughter. "It's futile, you can't escape me, Fei. You may as well come back in bed with me."

"No!" She crouched, crawling on the ground enduring the vertigo rather than give in to him. "You ass! Make it stop!"

He clucked his tongue, getting out of the bed, he walked over to her eating the space with his legs. Banye swoop her up into his arms and carried her back to the bedroom. "Fine, I'll put a shirt on if that's going to make you happy."