OVERDUE AFFECTION

"Ying Yue!" There was rawness in Wang Jian's voice when he entered their bedchamber. "I know a cure."

The flood of light streaming in made her hiss, hiding briskly in the darkest pocket of the room. She's been nowhere else but in the room, afraid to go anywhere. She can smell him, his scent, and the rest of the people in the palace, turning her stomach upside down.

She's been taken away from her other home, she needed to eat their food or else her appetite will turn for the worse.

Everything about her, her senses, they're sharper. Ying Yue can see, hear, feel, and smell better. She even heard Wang Jian's savage snarl all the way from the other side of the palace not too long ago. She understood his frustration and she felt bad for him, for what he's going through. He blames himself, though part of her blames herself as well.

It felt as if they were trapped, and they both fell right into Banye's palm.

It took Wang Jian a few seconds adjusting his eyes to the darkness. "Where are you?" He called softly.

"I'm here, Jian." Her voice a tender hiss.

He meandered up to her, grabbing the blanket from the bed on his way, grasping her hand and pulled her to him.

He swept the blanket draping it over her shoulders.

"I found out a way to make you human again," He cooed like a bird. "I need to take you outside where I can introduce you back to the sunlight."

"The sunlight hurts me." She replied softly.

"It's alright, we'll do a little bit at a time, let you outside under the shadow while it's bright, let you get use to the sun again."

She sucked a breath, quiet, but she did not protest his decision. She'll have to start somewhere...somehow. She needed to get out of the room or else everyone will suspect what's happening to her.

She smiled and took a step closer, trusting her husband.

"That's fine." Ying Yue murmured sweetly. "I'll go."

Wang Jian led her to the shaded garden where he had asked the servants to prepare a nice dinner table for them. The blanket protecting her from the sun as they walked. It burned, but the burn never lasted, never left a mark. She's sensitive to the daylight, but the sun never ever killed a demon and she's not even a full demon. She's still human with part of a demon's soul inside her.

"Sit down, Ying Yue." Said Wang Jian.

She did, while the servants served her with plate filled with fruits.

"You're being nice suddenly." She said flicking up her glance. She never had this much kindness and affection from him. "This is all too unreal."

Wang Jian face was a grim. He looked down, unable to meet her gaze. "I'm sorry. It seemed all I'm doing is apologize lately, and I know that's not good enough."

"I just wished you treated me like this the whole time." She smiled, her smile was bittersweet. "We've been married almost eight years and yet all I ever experienced were pain, sadness and loneliness until he showed up." She paused. "Does it take a demon to kidnap me for you to show your love?"

"Ying Yue, you know I have my reasons." Anguish in his voice.

She smiled again, a tang of sadness in it, but she kept the smile on her face. "I'm glad you're not afraid anymore."