HEARTLESS

"What's this?" Fan's voice lifted with surprise, her long slender arms draped lazily across Jian's shoulder. She smiled, it was a malicious smile that meant to feed on Ying Yue's jealousy.

Ying Yue contorted in anger. She whipped a death glare from Fan to Wang Jian who remained still in his seat, staring right at her.

"What's the matter with you?" Ying Yue snarled violently that went ignored.

Fan's devious smile stretched further, glancing at the prince swimming with satisfaction.

"Jian, darling." She purred, leaning her lips dangerously close to his, enough where it made Ying Yue sick to her stomach with anger. "How come you never told me you allowed your pathetic wife back in the palace? Now, I'll have to work twice as hard to please you."

Ying Yue groaned disgusted, she flew to the middle of the room twisted with rage. She'll be damn if she's made a fool by a concubine. Five years ago, she would had let Fan run all over her, but those years are gone and she's no longer a pathetic sixteen-year-old afraid of everything.

Prince Jian eyes widened in a hint of panic and jutted his chin to Lord Chua in silent command. "Get her out of here!"

Without a word, Lord Chua chased after her, his long strides easily caught up, his large fingers lodged on her arm and grabbed Ying Yue, rushing her out of the room.

She made a cry of protest smacking his hand, but he didn't let go until they were far enough and in another hallway.

"Ying Yue!"

"How come you never told me!" She hissed stepping away from Lord Chua whom from a moment ago thought she could trust. "You made me look like a fool! You knew he's still with her!"

"I thought you knew. I would have stirred you away from that room if I knew." He tried of closing his distance back in but she whirred away, maintaining a big gap between them.

"No, I didn't know. He never mentioned her to me!" She gritted her teeth, as much as she hates it, it was Lord Chua who's enduring her fury. She tried to calm down, sucking a few breathes for his sake.

"It's more complicated than you think." He murmured silently.

"What's complicated about having another woman in his lap? I shouldn't have stayed. I should've left that night." She said. "What's the point Chanshin?"

"No, Ying Yue. Prince Jian has his reasons. You can't go!"

She gathered the rest of her dress to her hands and leaped out of the corridor, her feet were swift like a warrior and made a steady glide along hallway after hallways on her way back to their bedchamber. She's leaving.

"I'm done talking to you too. Fuck this place!"

"No, wait! You can't leave." Lord Chua tried to chase after but letting the prince know is a more important priority to him.

It should be her husband chasing after his wife.

Ying Yue made it back to the room, yanking the closet open searching for a descent robe she can change into.

She's in a rush, tossing all the expensive clothing getting in her way.

There's a probability Wang Jian might stop her and there's also a great chance he doesn't care.

She's hoping he doesn't care enough to let her leave in peace.

She found a robe, it's Wang Jian's and the size of it is at lease twice bigger than she is.

It made her sick thinking she'll be wearing his shirt, but she's in a rush and she may just have to endure the nausea in the pit of her stomach.

"What're you doing and where are you going?" Jian interrupted.

She went still.

"I'm leaving." She said stiffly.

"You're not going anywhere." His voice was dark and dominant.

There's not a hint of the loving Jian from the night before.

That side of him is gone, all that remained is the cold shrewd Jian.

He came to prevent her from leaving.

She made herself turn around and face him, her face a contorted scowl.

Bravely, she took a few even and steady steps forward until she's halfway meeting him.

She's not afraid, and she'll be damn if he prevents her from leaving.

He met her steps and stopped when there's no longer space getting in between the two of them.

"You are not going anywhere, Ying Yue."

There was no kindness his voice, and his demand was not a request. It was a command as if she's just another servant he's throwing his orders to.

Her glare was on him, shuddering, holding back a bundle of twisted emotions especially for him.

"I was a fool believing in your lies. I should've known better."

She walked around her husband, his robe still in her hand.

He didn't moved an inch...beyond him...the prince barred his arm, preventing her from getting anywhere...and with him a soft snarl..."You are not going anywhere."

Calmly, she stepped around his arm on her way to the door. She wasn't going to create a fight, but she wasn't going to prevent him from leaving either.

"Don't make this difficult for me. I will throw you in jail if I have to."

"Screw you, Jian. I would rather be in jail."

The door slid open and the stream of sunlight poured in. It was Ying Yue who was facing the door and she winced at the light blinding her.

Fan leaned on the door frame, a contemptuous expression worn on her face. One arm wrapped on her torso and another lazily brushing on the door frame.

"Trouble in paradise, honey?" She purred. "Why don't you just let her leave, so I can have you to myself all over again."

"What're you doing here?"' He intoned gravely. "You are not allowed in my bedchamber."

"Oh please..." She strolled inside ignoring Jian's warning.

It took him half a second to pounce.

A dangerous feral swiftness in him, he came alive enraged. He was on Fan yanking her out of his bedroom in an instant.

"Leave!" He snarled, the kind of snarl that had her heart igniting in terror.

It's true the prince often loses his temper, but he never lost his temper this way before.

It was wild, it was scary, and it was because he doesn't appreciate how his wife is getting treated.

He threw Fan out of the bedroom.

"Don't you dare step foot in this room while me and my wife are in here!" His barred teeth on her ear, snarling.

Fan let out a terrified cry of whimper and the prince retreated slamming the door on her face.

Ying Yue's face was riddled with shock, she doesn't know what to make of it.

"What the heck just happened?"

Jian ignored the comment, his attention back to her, shifting to his gentler personality.

"Stay, Ying Yue." He said softly. "You don't know how dangerous it is."