INNOCENT TEASE

Despite being uncomfortable she allowed Banye to take her to the dining room. Just like last time, he wasn't alone.

Nikita who slowly smiled at her is fiddling with her knife with a solemn expression of endless boredom.

Ying Yue couldn't quite determine whether Nikita liked her or not, but she knows one thing. She's not afraid of the skilled royal guard.

The other guards sat on the long table donned in their fighting suit, no plates, or armors, only their tight body hugging clothes. There wasn't any buffet of food served, the trio hung around casually as if they're waiting for something to do.

Are they constantly ready to go on a fight? She wondered as she took in the sight of them in gear.

Wang Jian's palace has numerous guards but none of the lethal emissaries like Banye has. These demons are different kind of warriors. They're scary and she doesn't even know whether Lord Chua can par with them in the battlefield and he's the strongest man she knows.

"I fight deadlier battles in a magical war, Fei. It's entirely different from that mortal pretty boy is used to." He murmured, reading up on her thoughts.

"You're in a war?" She murmured uncertain whether he meant Lord Chua or Wang Jian.

He grabbed her by the waist. "Not in a while. I'm merely protecting what's in my land these days. I'm trying to keep a peaceful life....and stop thinking about other men, it's driving me nuts."

"Who? Chanshin?"

"Yes, and the other one." He snarled softly.

"Wang Jian?"

A groan in frustration, "sometimes I don't know whether hearing your thoughts is a blessing or a curse."

She forced a picture that made him wobble unsteady, he shuddered catching his breath, and purred. "You're a very naughty girl." He turned over her to her taking in exactly what she shoved in his mind. "You know what I want and you are playing me, that's rather mean, Fei. You have no idea how much I want to turn around right now."

She laughed, Banye had been unexpectedly different from Wang Jian, her husband has an obvious temper, he's young, reckless, twenty five in human age versus a thousand years of living and prowling the surface of the earth like Banye.

Is that what it takes to have perpetual patience like he does? She wondered.

"I'm not that old, Fei...stop it!" He purred.

She glided where he placed her, by his chest, walking in front of him. She sighed as she kept her mind and her lips silent, strolling until they turned to the corner.

His emissaries all jerked to their feet once Banye strolled inside, their eyes drifting curiously to Ying Yue. She wore nothing but a black lace night gown with satin under lining, a pretty revealing one that Banye somehow managed to put her on while she was knocked out.

He tends to have a bad habit of changing her while she slept.

Playful simpers rolled on both men. Xan with his dimples.

A soft whistle exited from Xan that earned him a deadly glare from Banye.

Banye sighed, snarling softly with aggravation, his eyes rolling on the back of his head, shielding Ying Yue away from his men's starving eyes - even though - Banye meant to do this on purpose. Banye wanted to show off Ying Yue, the body that lies beneath the layers of her regular robes, her perfectly curved silhouette, her ripped stomach - she's perfect just how he would prefer her.

"Don't you two have better things to do than hang here?" Banye murmured lazily.

"But, don't we always meet here in the morning?" Xan's cry of pain screeched in the middle of his statement, Wan's foot jammed on his unsuspecting big toe, knocking his attention off. He's far too gifted with his cluelessness.

Wan whisked him away. He needn't to be told otherwise, picking up their swords from underneath the table as he casually dragged the moaning man out of sight, but not without leaving a playful remark himself for their prince of darkness.

Banye growled while Ying Yue raised a brow.

Whatever that was said, it was too low for her to hear.

Nikita merely picked up her blade with a smile and stalked casually behind the two men. Without a word, silent as a cat.

"We'll be back for dinner." Wan muttered by the hallway.

"That's right, get lost for a little while." Answered Banye.

Banye shifted, wide hand resting gently on her back. "I apologize for my crew. I didn't know they were going to be here."

Lie...she hummed in her mind.

Not...he purred shamelessly.

With a wave of his finger, breakfast was served in the table. No human diet for Ying Yue, Banye meant for her to eat their food. He meant for her to stay permanently, and he's doing anything to persuade her in the next two weeks.

With awe, a little intimidation, and a hint of fear...she still couldn't divorce herself from fearing him no matter how gentle he gets, perhaps one day, when she's completely used to him, and no longer think about Jian.

He turned his attention to her. "Would you like me to eat you for breakfast?" His offer came out unexpected, quick and in his dark purring voice. He glanced at the table as if he could see her sprawled in it as a feast for him to enjoy.

She glared, red even in the darkness, she didn't know whether to be appalled or mad at him. "What?!"

"Oh, Fei. Stop being innocent, I felt that shock down in your core."

She whipped around, wanting nothing more than to get away from him.

Banye caught her arm, whipping her back around, his grin is playful, and he looked the most handsome as ever with his childish simper playing on his lips. Banye leaned kissing her forehead.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to flat out tease you, but I can't help it. I'm happy. It makes me happy that you are here with me."