LOCKED

"Take me with you, I could fight, I can hold my own...let me help you." She murmured with her restless breath, she'd been a resident of his palace for half a year and still, she still doesn't fit, she doesn't feel like she fits. His crews are drawn illusive as they kept their broad distance away.

Banye is the only one who talks her.

Banye had treated her like a princess, something so delicate in need of his constant protection. "You gave me the strength, there was a time when you wanted me to use it, kill my own husband  with your gift, but now..." She sucked her breath as the frown of discontent twisted on her forehead. "...you act like I couldn't even pick up a weapon."

He let out a long stressed out sigh, the past week or so are beginning to take a toll on him, and he tried not to let the evidence leak to her notice, but he must've delved too deep into his own worry that he hadn't realized her lurking by the halls - not only him - his entire crew as well. None of them noticed her.

"It's different, you were in the mortal world. I'm trying to catch a man who knows how to wield magic and he's hunting our kind. Do you realize what he'd do to you if he catches you? He'd trap you if he doesn't kill you like an animal instantly."

"But...." A quip of protest.

"No buts..." There's a finality in his voice and Banye tucked her head in his chest again. "Listen to me, Fei. I'm trying to protect the land, and everyone in it. But you...you are the most important to me and I don't even know what I'll do if something was to happen to you."

The tip of his nose dug on her head kissing her. "It's not safe." He said muffled on her hair while his warm breath tickled her scalp. "Not for you."

There was soft groan at the end of the hall. It was Xan, half peering by the wall, his gaze inclined to the immaculately shiny ebony floor.

Ying Yue had long assumed he's Banye's first in command.

Banye snarled while Ying Yue whipped her head towards him. "What is it? Can't you see I'm busy?"

"Yes, your highness." He winced. "I'd like to get permission to go ahead take the crew out to the field without you. Perhaps, you could use a little break with the lady. We should be able to handle our self fairly well tonight."

Banye turned...his dark eyes glowing in the darkness. Ying Yue can tell he worry for his men's safety.

It took him longer to consider, he seemed torn between letting his crew go alone or leaving Ying Yue by herself in the palace.

He also knew he shouldn't leave her wallowing up on her own for too long.

"Your highness?" Xan said again.

"Very well, take the crew, report back to me when you get back."

"It's fine, go with them. Their safety is more important." She murmured interrupting softly.

There was a relief in Banye somewhere. He would have stayed with her, and he would have made sure she doesn't feel alone.

"Are you sure?" His hands slid down her arms, brushing them gently. He tilted his head to her, sending her a luxurious gaze and a sultry smile. "Because, I'll stay here with you and keep you company."

"No, I'll be fine. You should go." She said again, she made herself meet his eyes along with a smile. "Just come back to me safely." 

The thought of him going out there to hunt a hunter who hunts his kind was nerve racking, and she didn't even know that's what he'd been dealing with until now.

"I love you." She nodded lifting on her tiptoes to kiss his lips.

He turned to Xan who patiently waited by the wall, flicking his eyes away when Banye caught him watching. She watched them leave and took her time going back to her bed chamber.

Ying Yue hesitated, taking a detour to the other part of the palace that led to the yard. She'd been allowed to go outside the garden. This has been the same protocol in Wang Jian's palace except for the annoying guards and servants that Wang Jian thought was necessary.

It annoyed her back then, but that's because she has no idea the reason behind his actions, but now...

She bit her lip, shaking his thoughts away. There's no reason to even think about Jian still. She'd be surprised if the marriage hasn't been annulled yet. He'd given her up willingly...

She felt a jolt on her chest, suddenly feeling the ache. He gave up everything, so she can live.

She ran to the garden making it there, alone. Banye had given her the freedom to wander around the palace by herself at least. Her gaze shifted to the tall gothic iron gate. No one guarded it and his palace seemed so barren, deserted, and empty that it didn't seemed like any servants existed at all.

Perhaps magic. His palace is coated in magic recycling itself to keep it in order. She strolled slowly, making her way to it. All these times she had never thought about wandering outside the gates even with the freedom he'd given her.

But there's a natural curiosity eating her up, sending knots in her stomach. She couldn't endure it, and she couldn't just sit still without knowing who this Hunter is.

She wanted to know so bad that it made her restless.

Ying Yue reached the gates, her fingers wrapped on the skinny iron spindles as to push it - only to discover that it was locked, and she's locked inside, just as she was in the small house.