SHE'S MINE, NO ONE ELSE'S, BUT MINE

The doors slammed wide open in the middle of the night waking Ying Yue and Wang Jian in their sleep.

Her eyes flew open, confused with what's happening.

Came rushing in are Prince Jungjae and a few imperial guards behind him.

The guards raced to Prince Wang Jian, holding him down in bed while Jungjae headed straight for Ying Yue. His hand on his blade, unsheathing it when Ying Yue shot up on her feet faster than Jungjae can keep track with. She hissed and kicked his blade back on its sheathe. Snarling as she sent him stumbling a few steps back unsteady on his feet.

Her glance shifted to the guards, growling dangerously. She's angry, and she had never felt this savage anger in her before, this rage, it was as if something new has awakened. She knew she's strong before, but something inside her is burning with power.

Her movement was a flash, and she was ripping the guard's fingers away from her husband, hurling them on the wall like they were dolls.

"What's going on!?" She Asked hissing at Wang Jian.

"I think I was just crossed by my brother." He rasped, his gaze darted to the floor searching for Jungjae but he had already moved.

He knew he couldn't trust his brother, but he never suspected him carrying out his plan so quick, Wang Jian never doubted Jungjae will try to kill his wife.

"Where did he go?!"

Jungjae slipped out, hiding somewhere in the blind darkness.

Ying Yue snarled, sniffing, she can smell him nearby, and she can feel his heavy breathing stirring the hot air inside the room.

"I feel him!" She roared, "let me rip off his neck!"

She lounged and when she lounged into the darkness, his sword was raised, and it was aimed at her. Wang Jungjae impaled her with his blade with intention to kill.

Sharp metal cut through her flesh. Quick and clean.

She gasped, surprised by the sudden intense pain. It hurts so bad she couldn't even breath. She hadn't seen the blade when she attacked, and she hadn't expected Wang Jungjae to do such a crime.

"You...you meant to kill me." She coughed, blood pouring out of her mouth.

"I'm sorry, Ying Yue. I'm just trying to do my duty as a prince." He said coolly, devoid of emotions.

He pulled his sword back out.

Ying Yue staggered clutching to her side. Panting. Patting for anything to keep her steady. 

Jungjae raised his sword again, getting ready to strike her the second time when Prince Wang Jian shoved him, knocking him down, wresting his sword away from his hand.

Prince Wang Jian took control of the sword and knocked his brother unconscious with the handle. He didn't want to kill him, not as much as hurt him. He'd like to keep this entire mess quiet and killing his brother was out of the question.

He knew Banye had been lurking outside, and in times like this - when he's desperate, desperate enough to come to his enemy for help, he wouldn't think twice when it comes to the love of his life.

He gathered her into his arms, rushing out the door and to the hallways, out of the palace and to the safety of the darkness.

****

The prince of the underworld stood lazily outside in the darkness, dallying, expectant as if he knew what had just happened and savoring what's going to happen next. He made himself visible to Wang Jian and Wang Jian saw him immediately.

Panting and gasping, he stumbled to Banye, a bloody Ying Yue cradled gently in his arms.

Wang Jian is a prince, the one to take over the nation one day. He doesn't beg. But there's always a first time for everything, and tonight, he's on his knees, his voice frantic, about to beg his enemy.

"Save her!" He begged.

Banye observed him silently, savoring the moment.

"Say please." He purred.

"Please, save her!" Cried Wang Jian desperately. "Please, please, please save her! She's losing too much blood!"

Banye flicked his eyes to her. She lay limped on Wang Jian's arms, eyes lidded, pool of blood on her side. She's breathing, her pulse is weak, but they are steady. Banye can hear her heartbeat, he knew he has plenty enough time to play.

He clucked his tongue, "look at you, groveling on your knees because you failed to protect the one you love!" Banye sneered disgusted. "You're useless!"

"Please save her!" Wang Jian's voice frantic, ignoring Banye's insult.

"I will, but in one condition." Banye said gently, caressingly, his tongue was like of a lover speaking in melody.

"Tell me, I'll do anything, anything at all."

Banye smiled, and he smiled maliciously.

"Give her up to me." He purred.

Wang Jian suddenly looked up, stunned. "What?"

"You heard me pretty mortal prince. Give up your wife to me."

Wang Jian's face was a grim. "No, no, no...I'll give something else, anything else!"

Banye sucked his breath and held still. "Your wife is dying, she has less than a minute left if you're lucky. You better make up your mind now."

Wang Jian gripped her clammy body and held her close to him. He can feel it, he can feel her leaving, her body getting cold, heavier, dying. "Ying Yue!" He was trembling, shaking her.

"Give her up now!" Banye snarled, losing his patience growing frantic as the seconds ticked away.

Wang Jian got up from his knees with arms extended, he kept his head low, eyes remained on the ground, he was like a child out of option. "Take her, take Ying Yue with you and save her."

With a victorious simper, Banye grabbed her, coaxing her gently into his arms. "Good boy." He purred, and they were gone, disappearing in the darkness fast as the breeze, leaving the prince empty and in vain alone in the darkness.