PLATONIC LOVER

A nightmare chased Prince Jian in his slumber which hasn't happened in last five years

There were times when he was haunted by litter of nightmares in the past, but they had since calmed down and lain dormant in the back of his head.

This is the first night the nightmares came back to haunt him. Perhaps, because this is the first night she had been back, and she awakened whatever it is that's been chasing him.

He stirred and groaned in his sleep, the prince tossed and turned, until he awakened. He panted covered in bullets of sweat as he hurled half way up and turned to his wife.

Her eyes was already open when he looked at her, she'd been watching him, she remembers his nightmares, the fright in his face when he is haunted by them. Sometimes bad enough that he'd snatched her in his arms and held her as though a demon was going to steal her away. He was always scared, so scared, trembling even.

They stared at each other, she can read the unspoken terror inside his subdued eyes. The prince never mentioned anything about his nightmares and after a while she grew tired of asking.

Ying Yue dared not wake him up from his nightmare.

They were no longer lovers. Husband and wife - just in title.

Let him drown in terror.

"You're awake." He groaned sleepy and it surprised her how he can sleep so soundly with a woman who just tried to kill him. He must not think too much of her skills or he doesn't think she has it in her to murder him.

"I'm in a lot of pain." She answered flatly. She awakened a long time ago.

Prince Jian groaned again, he lifted his head and peeked out the window. He imagined dawn is around the corner.

"Sunrise is approaching in about two hours." Murmured Ying Yue silently.

He loosened a breath, and turned his gaze back to her, her face remained stony and unreadable. Not a hint of smile, not a hint of her reserved love for her husband. He pushed himself up, the blanket slid off. He tightened his robe back in place and put his boots back on.

Without a word, he pulled her up to her feet, one arm on her back and the other underneath her legs. "I'm taking you back to our old bedchamber. I'll send the royal physician to take care of your injuries, but do get some rest Ying Yue, and feel better."

She thought this was strange, Jian never showed her kindness, if he did, it was rare, and it was during the beginning of their marriage. She jerked away, wobbling unsteady. She almost fell while Jian placed his hands behind to capture her.