BURNING TOUCH

She was quickly dragged inside the palace and into the foyer while a woman in elaborate clothing rushed to the door, chanting prayers in tongues that no one can understand. A shaman. Wang Jian hired a shaman to ward off demons.

The tang of her magic burned Ying Yue's nostrils, working down to her bloodstream.

She felt it, the stale air cooled as the magic summoned by the shaman worked its way from the ground sealing the palace from uninvited demons.

"That's it!" Murmured Wang Jian in between his heavy breaths. That demon shouldn't be able to come in unless he breaks though the spell.

Prince Jungjae nodded, while Lord Chan Shin made a worried twist of his forehead. He has his work cut out for him.

Going up against demonic entities called for separate set of skills.

"Lord Chua Chan Shin!'' Prince Jungjae whirred his thoughts to him. "Make sure your men are guarding every inch of the castle."

"Yes, prince Jungjae. I'm right on it." His gaze flicked to Ying Yue momentary overwhelmed with relief and aching longing to wrap his arms around her.

She's safe and that's all that matters. Right now, he has a lot on his plate and he can come back later for a better conversation.

Wang Jian whipped his head to her, he had not been able to get a better look at her since he rescued Ying Yue from the dark palace.

"Ying Yue?" His brisk steps ate away the distance between them. Worry and panic laced his voice. "Did he hurt you?! Tell me if he hurt you! I will kill him if he did!"

His arms wrapped around her for an embrace when a sizzle of magic exploded causing him to flail his arms back quickly.

He stumbled a few steps back. "What the hell was that?!"

 Ying Yue was just as surprised as her. "Jian!"

"What the heck was that?" He nursed his burning arms wincing at the pain, Wang Jian examined them searching for burn marks, seeing none. He tried for another hug when the same thing happened. "Ouch!"

Ying Yue felt it in her skin, the magic that repelled him. "Jian!"

He fell back hissing in pain. "What the heck did he do to you?" He snarled, "tell me what did he do to you!" He asked writhing in anger. "What the fuck did he do to you?!"

"I don't know!" She rasped, uncertain what to tell him. "I don't know what's going on."

"It burns, Ying Yue! You're scorching hot!"

Prince Jungjae walked closer, his attention was on her  strange eyes Wang Jian failed to notice. Her pupils are large, too large for a regular human, they haven't eaten away all the caramel in her eyes, but they're taking over like an eclipse.

"Look at that brother," Prince Jungjae murmured mesmerized, watching her eyes closely. "Her eyes, they're turning into a demon's."

She blinked, she hasn't exactly looked at herself in a while. Ying Yue noticed her skin, her hair, but never her eyes. Prince Wang Jian, stepped closer, eyes gliding inspecting her.

"Oh, Ying Yue." His voice quivered. "What did he do to you?"

The shaman approached them, thick blanket on her hand, she handed it to prince Wang Jian. She wore a grim look mixed with disgust on her face. "Wrap that blanket over her, it should prevent you from getting burned."

He draped the blanket over her, finally resting his arms around, overwhelmed with grief. "I've missed you. I'm sorry I took so long." He breathes sick at what happened to her. "Don't worry, Ying Yue, we'll find a way to free you from him. I'll find a way to free you, I promise."

He planted quick kiss on her cheek, burned by her heat. 

"Such a damn shame, brother." Hummed Prince Jungjae tucking his arms to his chest. Even he was amazed at Banye's wittiness. "He must have known something like this was going to happen and placed a precautionary hex on her. You risked all that to rescue your wife, only for that demon to outsmart you. You couldn't even touch your own wife." He almost laughed in disbelief.

He poked at her nose, testing his finger on the round tip, waiting for the expulsion when nothing happened. "Hmmm...nope. I don't feel the burn."

He pushed for a hug. "SISTER!" Jung Jae held her a little too long just to annoy his brother. 

He twisted to look at Jian just to savor his reaction. "Look brother, it would seem the hex only applied to you." He further squeezed his sister in law. "I'm allowed to touch, but you're not." His voice taking on a playful tone now. 

"You have two seconds to get off her or be prepared to taste my wrath." Wang Jian warned. 

"Calm down." Jungjae crooned releasing Ying Yue for his hug. "Just a hug."

Wang Jian loosened at sharp breath and stared at her nearly demotic eyes in sorrow. "Come, Ying Yue. Let's head upstairs so you may get some rest."

She nodded. "Yes, husband."