"Chase lost to Grace!" They chanted.

"Thanks for that win, Chase!" Dean Thomas announced. "We really owe you one!"

Him and his house members all laughed.

"Screw off, all of you." Except, I used a word a bit stronger than screw. I tried to push past them.

"Don't get mouthy with us, Chase," spoke a Gryffindor girl. "You're the one who just lost against a boy who's never played Quidditch in his life!"

I was about to unleash words far more unpleasant than the one I had just spoke, but somebody interrupted me before I could even begin.

Percy Jackson shoved through the crowd of Gryffindor students, followed by Jason Grace.

"Leave, all of you! Do you really think Harry Potter would condone this?" Percy Jackson announced. Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Jason appeared from behind him.

"I'm in a house of morons," Hermione looked at me. "Sorry about them, Annabeth."

"Get back to our bloody house!" Ron shouted. "You should all be ashamed." He shot a glare at Dean.

"Well, are you going to move, or am I going to make you move?" A girl spoke. Nobody argued against Ginny Weasley. The Gryffindors left. Ginny, Ron, and Hermione showed them away. Jason and Percy faced me.

"I'm sorry about them, Annabeth," Percy said. "I swear, we had nothing to do with--"

"Screw off," I repeated what I had said before, using a word a bit more impolite than screw. I walked away, towards the black lake. I was aware of Hazel and Will trying to catch up with me from the distance, probably knowing I was upset. I hoped I had gotten rid of Jason and Percy, I didn't want to look back.

"Annabeth, wait up," Percy pleaded. I continued walking, ignoring him. I wasn't in the mood to be laughed at by another Gryffindor player.

"Annabeth!" He repeated.

I turned around fiercely.

"What, come here to gloat with the rest of your Gryffindor friends?" I shot. He stepped back for a moment. I'd imagine the look in my eye was murderous, I didn't blame him for stepping back.

"It isn't a big deal," he insisted. "The school will forget about it by tomorrow."

"I was humiliated!" I shouted. "I just got beat to the snitch by a boy who's never played Quidditch a day in his life!"

"It's understandable to be upset, we all have bad games! Not that what you did what bad--you just weren't quick enough--not that you aren't quick! I just-"

"Just go away, Percy. Before you can make this situation worse, just go away," I insisted.

"Annabeth!" Jason Grace entered the scene, Leo Valdez at his side. "I heard you were upset, I just wanted to tell you good game."  Where had Leo even come from? It didn't matter. Leo, Percy, and Jason were practically inseparable lately.

Jason held out his hand for me to shake it. Instead of doing that, I fired a glare at Percy.

"What did you do, tell the entire school to visit me like I'm some patient in the hospital wing?"

Jason's hand fell to his side.

"Sorry, Annabeth. I wasn't meaning to upset you. I just thought I'd tell you good game." Jason said.

"You thought wrong!" I fired back. I didn't want to deal with their team at the moment. I just wanted to be alone!

"Annabeth? You looked upset, we wanted to make sure you were doing okay." Hazel spoke. Her and Will entered the scene.