Chapter 1

August 15, 2001
Y/N POV:
Summer vacation flew by fast and today is the first day of school. I'm not a middle schooler anymore! I'm a freshman! Wow that's weird. The good news is I'm not nearly as nervous/scared as I was at the beginning of summer. Joe has calmed me down a lot. If Joe hadn't been there to calm be down I would have had multiple panic attack's. I over think a lot of things so that's kind of why I get stressed out so easily.
I look at my alarm clock that's beside my bed and see that I got up 30 minutes earlier than it goes off. Ughhh don't you just hate when you do that. There is no way I can go back to sleep now. I get up from my comfortable bed and get my clothes for today. I decided to wear some light washed jean shorts and a Star Wars shirt with a flannel as a jacket and some black high top converse.
I go into the bathroom and do my business and I don't have to take a shower because I took one last night. I look in the mirror and see that my y/h/c was a mess. I brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail. I'm not really one for make up so I'll just skip that part and head downstairs to the kitchen.
Joe's already ready and he is eating his breakfast. I make myself a toaster strudel for breakfast.
"You ready for today Y/N?" Joe asked me.
"As I'll ever be" I responded
It was now 7:40 and me and Joe head out to his car and drive to school. Once we got to the school and parked in the parking spot I was about to get out when Joe locked the door. " Come on Joe can't we just get this day over with already" I said.
"Yes but I need to tell you something first." Joe states
"What do you want to tell me?" I asked him.
"There are a lot of boys in this school and I don't want you dating anyone until your 40." Joe said.
I looked at him amused. "Joe, I'm not going to date anyone because who would want to date me? I'm too weird for anybody to date me ." I said.
"Y/N I guarantee that you are not weird just because you fan girl over music and movies and tv shows doesn't make you weird it makes you unique." Joe said.
"Okay now lets get this day over with." I said eagerly.
"Okay lets go and remember if you need anything just come find me and you can sit by me at lunch if you want to." Joe stated.
We got out of the vehicle and I went straight to my locker. I got my books that I needed for class and I looked at my schedule and saw that I have music first. I knew where all of the classes were because I had taken a tour of the high school before coming here. I walked into the music room and admired all the instruments that are in there.
They had almost everything ranging from guitars to trumpets. I have always wanted to learn how to play the bass. I've looked up to bass players for many years like Mike Dirnt from Green Day and Mark Hoppus from Blink-182 and many others.
I took a seat at a random desk and waited for the bell to ring. I was the first person in there so I watched as the classroom began to fill up with students. After the bell had rung and the pledge and announcements were over our teacher finally arrived.
Mr. Jones wrote his name on the board and as he did that a kid came in through the door obviously late. The kid looked pretty decent though he had dirty blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. He was wearing skinny jeans and an AC/DC shirt. Holy shit AC/DC I have got to be friends with this boy. I don't like it when people wear band shirts just because they look cool or something like that if you wear a band shirt you have to be a fan of the band.
        "Luke you're five minutes late would you care to explain." Mr. Jones stated.
       "Sorry sir I just overslept." Luke replied back.
       "Since it's the first day I'll let it slide but don't be late again." Mr. Jones said.
     "Yes sir." Luke replied.
Mr. Jones looked around the classroom for a desk for Luke to sit at and the only one open was right by me.
      "Luke why don't you sit by Y/N." Mr. Jones said.
Luke nodded and made his way to the desk that was beside me. Mr. Jones let everybody talk to one another so we could get to know each since everybody will be working together this year.
     "Hey I'm Luke." Luke said sticking his hand out to shake mine. I shook his hand and introduced myself. "So are you new here because I haven't seen you around school yet." He said
     "Yeah sort of I'm one of the freshman." I replied back.
     " Cool well I'm a sophomore and freshman year is a breeze you have nothing to worry about." He said.
       I nodded my head in understanding. "I like your shirt." I said to him
       "Ah thank you I'm a big fan of classic rock and I like your shirt too." He said pointing to my Star Wars shirt.
      "Thank you I'm a nerd when it comes to music or movies." I said
      "Really? Hey I have a question do you play any instruments?" He asked.
    "Yeah. I play the guitar and drums but I would like to learn how to play the bass." I replied
     "That's cool I actually play the drums and bass." He stated.
     "Well you'll have to teach me sometime." I said
      "Yeah I will won't I" He said

The rest of the school day went on and I think I'll actually like it here. I head over to Joe's locker and wait for him and he finally comes over.
     "Hey Y/N how was your day?" He asked
    "It was great I actually made a friend." I replied.
     "That's fantastic what's her name?" Joe asked.
    "His name is Luke and we're in the same music class together." I said
    "His?" Joe asked
"Yes Joe I made friends with a boy." I replied back.
      Joe gasps jokingly "I thought I told you no boyfriends until you're 40." He said.
      " I'm not dating him we're just friends." I said.
      "Okay just friends is good but you can't be anything more than friends okay." Joe said.
     I rolled my eyes " Yes Joe nothing more than friends." I said.
After our conversation we walked to the car and drove home.

____________________

Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed the first official chapter I swear it gets better. I'm sorry if it was boring or dragged on but oh well.
Stay Frosty 🤘🏻