Prologue

Y/N POV:
It's the summer of 2001 and Joe is sitting at home in his room playing the guitar. He's pretty good too I'm surprised that he's not in a band yet. I can hear the guitar solo he's playing all the way from the living room and most of the time I don't mind it but I'm really stressing out right now.
Joe is going to be a senior this year and I'm going to be a freshman. I know what you're thinking 'it's not that big of a transition from middle school to high school' but to me it is. I don't like change at all. You see I get in the routine of doing the same things everyday and that becomes normal for me but now I'm going to a whole new different school with a bunch of other people.
I get up from my seat from the couch and walk upstairs to Joe's room. I finally get to his room and knock on the door.
*knock
*knock
*knock
I hear groan and come to the door.

"What do you want Y/N" he asked slightly annoyed since I was interrupting his guitar time.
"Joe I'm scared" I said speaking the truth.
"What are you scared of Y/N? Because I'm pretty sure you're too big to be scared of monsters under your bed" Joe said and chuckled at the last part.
"I'm scared of being a freshman and moving to a completely different school I don't want to get bullied again Joe" I said with tears threatening to spill
"Oh Y/N come here" he said pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back.
"Listen to me Y/N" he said lifting my face up towards him. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you okay because I'm still going to be there and if you're ever lonely or just want to be by me you can sit with me and my friends at lunch. Okay?" He said
"Okay" I said now feeling a little bit better about the situation.
__________________

This is just the prologue I swear it gets better and I'm sorry if it was hard to follow but anyway.
Stay Frosty 🤘🏻