Chapter 48 (The Surprise)

(*****Well here she is the last chapter in the story about Destiny Elliott. Iv had a lot of fun writing this book. Iv also learned a lot from the friends Iv made on here because of this book. I hope ya'll stick with me as I continue my other two books! Well enjoy!!!!!!****)

CHAPTER 48 :D

" Destiny Elliott has done it! She has won the Sprint cup in her rookie season!" Bob yells excitedly.

" She may have finished second tonight in the race but she has done something huge. She knocked Johnson off his title streak and has won the cup as a rookie." Darrell says.

" Good job today Destiny! Your looking at the 2014 NASCAR Rookie of the year and the Sprint cup champion." Case says into the scanner.

" YES!!! YES!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS! THANK YOU! ALL OF YOU!" Destiny screams into the radio.

" I couldn't have done it without you guys!" She continues.

Destiny continues around the Homestead speedway waving. Her red Chevy SS shines under the lights wearing the " SV Engineering" sponsor. She had convinced pops to allow the sponsor for one last race. Then it was going to be gone forever. Jimmie Johnson taps her back bumper then pulls up beside her. Destiny's crew celebrates on pit road.

Second place in the Chase, Jimmie Johnson pulls onto pit road followed by Kevin Harvick who had finished fourth in the Chase. Chase Elliott finished third but had won the initial race. He was on the front straightaway doing a burn out with the checkered flag. Destiny was sitting at the finish line after driving around with her championship flag. She was watching her brother celebrate. After five minutes they both did a victory lap. Chase then went to victory lane while Destiny awaited to be crowned the Chase winner for 2014.

" Good job baby! I'm proud of you!" Destiny hears from behind her.

She grins and then turns around. Tim hugs her tightly. Her whole crew behind her. Her hand throbs from forcing to move in ways it shouldn't be moved.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Your 2014 NASCAR sprint cup series champion! Destiny Elliott!" Mike Helton says.

He presents the cup to Destiny and she raises it proudly. No one notices though how her wrist is in an awkward position.

" Your champion!"

Chase hugs Destiny.

" I'm so proud of you Destiny. You have proved yourself. Not just to me but to the world." Chase says.

They both hug again then Kasey hugs her followed by Dale and the others. The last to greet her is Rick.

" Congrats Destiny. You've earned it." Rick says.

They all continue to celebrate spraying each other as confetti falls everywhere.

***** Three Weeks Later *****

Chase and Destiny walk into the garages at HMS as the crews get ready for the next season.

" Guys Rick wants us to meet him in the office." Kasey says as they walk in.

Chase nods and then follows Kasey. Case walks over to Destiny and hugs her.

" It's been a wild ride Destiny." He says.

Destiny hugs him back and then pulls back.

" It's what's best for my shop. It's where I belong Case." She says in a quiet tone.

Her eyes shift to her last car that will ever be built in that shop.

" I'll only be a phone call away case. For any of you." She says as Joey comes over.

Destiny now is in jeans and cowboy boots. On her shirt is a small "H" for Hendrick. He hugs her tightly then pulls back. Over the shops speakers is ricks voice saying that everyone is to meet in the cafeteria.

Case looks at Destiny. And she nods.

"It's time." She says.

Then she takes a deep breath and walks back through the shop doors heading towards the cafe. Case and Joey right behind her.

As they walk into the cafe the whole staff is there clapping because she had won the championship. She walks up to the stage with her crew chief and spotter. Her crew stands in front of the stage.

"Our 2014 Champion!" Rick says.

Destiny takes a deep breath and says a few words. Of course no one else knew that she was leaving HMS except for Case, Joey, and of course Rick. The big announcement was that she was leaving. Rick allowed her to because of what happened to her boss. She wanted to run the shop and racing full time wouldn't allow that to happen. Rick takes the stage as Destiny finishes her speech.

" Now for the big announcement." Rick says.

" We will first off be retiring the number 84. Destiny will own the rights to the number. Richard petty has allowed me to buy the rights of the #9. So next year we will have the #9 in the field. Rockstar Energy Drinks is on board as the primary sponsor. The X-Games will also be on the car as a secondary. Our 2014 champion has chosen to retire and to take on the shop down the road. Hope to see your team out there soon Destiny." Rick grins then continues.

"So without further ado, the driver of the number 9, Rockstar/ X-Games Chevy SS, a six time X-Games gold medalist, Brandyn Lansing!" Rick says.

A girl in a small black and yellow hoodie walks out onto the stage. Her hair matched her brown eyes. Both were really dark. Brandyn hugs Destiny and then waves at the everyone who works at HMS. Kasey Kahne was the first to worry. The others started joking about him. Brandyn waved then spoke a few words.

" I'd like to first give a huge thank you Rick for giving me this job. And I can't wait to race with the guys either." She says.

Destiny stands with case. She can see her brothers astonished look.

Destiny walked out of HMS feeling like she had an angel over her shoulder. Maybe keeping SV open was her purpose. All she knew is that she gave another girl the chance to shine. She gets into her pick up and pulls out of the parking lot heading for the shop.

Some say Kasey and Brandyn got along well while others say it went horribly wrong. That's another story to tell though. Destiny went on to keep up her bosses dreams. Chris soon enough got a better job being a welder. Cory shows up every so often. Pops still sits in the office playing with the computer. Kyle went on to marry Lauren. Dylan and Karlee were awaiting their first baby. Tim proposed to Destiny after everything settled down. HMS went on to win two more titles with Kasey Kahne.

Authors note: Iv got to thank everyone that's been with me since the beginning of this. A huge thank you to AboveTheGlory for letting me use Brandyn Lansing. A huge thanks to Lauren and Karlee for allowing me to use you guys in the book. Thank you to all my readers! Read Rookies Luck! That's where you'll learn about Kasey and Brandyn's story. Chris Carr, Steve Varney, pops, and Cory are all real people. SV Engineering allowed me to use their name in this book. Amber out :D GO JIMMIE JOHNSON and CHASE ELLIOTT!